News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Official SD card crashes and bugs

Started by Mandubien, October 12, 2021, 07:24:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandubien

Hello there!

After reading a few topics, I haven't found a solution for my issue.

I just received my brand new DrumIt5 Mk2 with the official 2box SD card.
I wanted to load some home made sounds I prepared a few days ago, but the SD card is not detected by my Mac. There's no disk at all displayed in the finder.

Ok, let's find a PC to check this: now the card is shown in a weird way, with several partitions, but it makes Windows explorer crashes. I can't open any partition.

So, what can I do? I've read I must format the card in FAT32 with 32k cluster something, but I don't want to loose all kits and settings...

I have downloaded all files on the 2box website, but is it enough to make it work once the card is formated?

Thank you for your help.

ANGR77

Hi -

Does the card work if you reinstall it in the MKII again? (Is it the 32GB?)

These cards are formatted with FAT32 and 32K cluster size...nothing special here and they should be readable in any PC or Mac "as is". There is normally just one partition on these cards.

I would look carefully on the SD adapter that 2box uses...they use a micro sd inside the SD. Sometimes there have been problems with these adapters...you can use any SD adapter to check this.

Best regards

Anders / www.Zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Mandubien

Thank you for your reply.

I finally made it work. It was my SD card adapter that was faulty (I have no native SD card reader on my Mac). I bought a new one, and everything is fine and works like a charm.

Yes the new cards are 32 GB, and half full, so I have a LOT of space to add new sounds from my drum libraries (I just have loaded a mix of different GGD libraries and they sound killer!).

It's time to have some fun now :)