News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Help: New snare wannted

Started by logihack, September 27, 2021, 04:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

logihack

Hello, it's been a while, since I bought a last drum pad and now it's time for a new snare.
My youngest son goes to music school, and it's his first year on battery and he is aloved to practice on e-kit.
My old 2box snare has broken rims, so I don't have rim sound. On tom also, but that is not critical from point of learning some basic stuff and notes on battery, but I will also change them with 10"ATV pancake toms.
I'm looking for old Yamaha TP 120sn, ATV 13 "snare(pancake, not real one), or maybe some Roland snare pad.
I'm leaning more towards ATV. I think I will get the most from that dual zone pad for 160eur.
But I also  know, that I would easily have good  3zone snare, if I buy Yamaha. Even cheaper, but it's older rubber pad. Really don't know. :o

Mandubien

Hey man!

Why not converting a cheap acoustic snare drum into an electronic one? You can find great inside trigger like Jobeky AI Trigger for example and you simply add a mesh head. I did it last week to upgrade my Pearl E-Pro live and it works like a charm.