News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

What to be aware of when buying 2nd hand 2Box DrumIt Five

Started by janmolesen, September 24, 2021, 08:04:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

janmolesen

Hi!

I found a used 2Box DrumIt Five kit (module, snare, 2 toms, to cymbals, hi-hat, kick pad) for sale in the local area. Heard some sound bits on YouTube and was in love.

Seller (private) has very kindly offered me to try it for some days at home. He says the kit is around 10-11 years old.

Having it home, the big question for me is now - what to look for?

It appears to have been played quite a lot and mounted/unmounted quite some times, but nothing appears to be damaged or the like. Some small rubber parts used when assembling the rack appears to be missing, some of the pads show sign of wear, but nothing (in my opinion) urgent. The rim of the tams appear a little loose, but are triggered well. 

However - I´m new to e-drums and have never seen a DrumIt Five kit in real life before. When checking an old, used set, what should be carefully looked for? Are there any no-goes/wear and tear pars, that are somewhat expensive to replace?

Should one be worried about the age? Should you expect some more expensive repairs/replacement in the near future?

Any idea of, what a reasonable price for this set is? Sellers starting point is 485 EUR. 

Itsme710

Sometimes the knobs can be a bit erratic when altering kits and settings but can be coped with if rotated slowly, pad rims will need new O rings thats all, cymbals tend to be worse affected by lots of use so check they trigger evenly ie, edge , and bow doesn't trigger bell with three way setting, try this with a few different kits as not all cymbal sounds are three way.check ride cymbal triggers well three way, make sure all cymbal pads have still have a rim protector by lifting the edges up.€485 sounds ok .