News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Anybody experiencing problems with MIDI on MKII?

Started by ANGR77, September 12, 2021, 09:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ANGR77

I tried to replay some MIDI recorded drums from Logic Pro over midi to my MKII today...but after 2-3 hours of trying to get the right map for 2box...and still not getting the kick, snare or hihat to work over midi, only the cymbals and toms...I changed to my DrumIt Three...and it worked directly. Same OS, same map in both systems.

Have anybody else seen this problem with MKII?

Best regards

Angr77/ www.Zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

tsss27

Were you ever able to figure this out?

If I get another 2Box it would definitely be the MKII, however I 100% would need MIDI to work as that is how I trigger the sounds, so this would be a huge dealbreaker.

ANGR77

Sorry - no I was not able to solve it...but I might spend some time on it...it worked fine on my Three..so for moment I am good...but MKII shows the problem....

Anders / www.Zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Mandubien

I'm not sure of the problem: do you want to record midi from the module into Logic or the opposite?

You can change the midi mapping inside the module. So in Logic create a drummer track, convert it into midi to get the piano roll to display the midi mapping and apply the same mapping in the module.

Also make sure the midi track in Logic is set to the same midi channel than in the module, which is channel 2 by default.

ANGR77

It was sending midi from Logic to my Drumit 5 MKII...it was totally impossible to change any midi note/mappings in the MKII...and it just triggered on rubbish. Trust me...I know midi...:-) ...after several hundreds of hours as beta tester for Addictive Drums. :-)  Then I used the same settings with my DrumIt Three...and it work fine and exactly as expected. Same OS, Same SD card...which made me suspicious...(I have a pre-release of the MKII)

Best Regards

Anders / www.zourman.com