Author Topic: Hi Hat Rating  (Read 615 times)

Stircrazy32

• View Profile
Re: Hi Hat Rating
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2022, 05:28:18 PM »
Hey Stoked 2
  Yes He will. but my problem is that i have to use a cable hi Hat due to space and it wont take a heavy cymbal. Plus i dont have a sacrificial cymbal . Are they that much better than Roland?. The triggering isnt really all that bad . Id like to find a better hi hat control. Ive been going crazy with this Roland controller only to figure out it only has 4 actual positions.Right? I thought it was gradual continual resistance . Thats been what Im trying to over come Cant be done . Right. ? It sounds a lot better now that I know what to expect. So a Hall senser type HH is more sensitive? I have a 2box HH I wonder if Extreme would gut that and rewire to a groovie cymbal. That sounds like progress. Or am I wrong again?

Stircrazy32

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2022, 08:27:41 PM »
hi just retried my old 2box HH and it works the same as the Roland controller only 4 positions. Guess you already knew that at least I wont waste any more effort  . But how come i cant trigger 2 zone sounds  bow or edge. on either set up? never worked . Is it even possible? all i get is bow. edge triggers bow sound. Is there a setting I missed?

welshsteve

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2022, 03:21:30 PM »
What hihat cymbal are you using?

If its the hihat with the speed light, that's a single zone hihat. As for positions, you should be getting way more than 4 levels of open/closed. I got a Roland FD6 and on a edrumin/pearl mimic you can see the gradual open to close. On the 2box, what might look 4 levels is actually more, I am assuming you're looking at the screen, which will approximate the transitions due to the limitation of the screen resolution, but you do get way more than that.

Stircrazy32

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2022, 05:40:07 PM »
hi Welsh Steve. I just retested both HH setups . I got my 2boxHH 2.5 yrs  ago. It has perf edge and  i plugged it into tom1 and it triggers 2 zones. But when i try it as a HH only one zone . I lowered the Raw value by100 and raised the poff and now   5 distintive changes (gained one) not gradual but i take your word for it. It sounds good either controller. The Roland /Lemon HH Is the same as far as the controller I  see and hear 5 positions . and I only get 2 zones when the sound is set like *  * . Some sound files re-act differently But the best is 15 Groove . Thanks in advance for any Help. This really has been over 2 years but I was winging it in the dark. Maybe if i try a factory reset? or update the OS?  Right now Im trying to decide which contoller is better for 2box .their hall sensor or the Roland reostate. I hear no differance. I'm considering having ExtremeDrums refit a cymbal with the 2box hall sensor. But only if it'll be noticably better than Roland type. Ps my old elisis pedal did nothing. dead end

Stoked2

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2022, 09:16:20 PM »
Hibthere. Haven't been in until a while and saw your posts. I see Steve gave you some answers and also that you seem to have found your own solution or improvement anyway. Hopebitvis working ok for you

Stircrazy32

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2022, 09:21:52 PM »
Hi I tried one more thing using the HHPOS If i go from off to full (30) I only hear 4 different sounds .It goes from 1-30 and every 7 or 8 clicks the sound changes. Im old but my hearing is still good. If thats all there is its ok as I said Over all the sound is pretty good. Im just trying to squeeze the most out of it.

Stircrazy32

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2022, 09:36:19 PM »
 Hi Stoked 2 . Im closing in on a solution .The unwanted sound when i come off the pedal is annoying but that may be mechanically related. Will know that once I reset onto a floor HH stand. see if that helps.this cable drive HH is sluggish (low end brand) and theres a lot of shifting between the HH Pad and controller. Thanks for checking in. Ive learned a lot in the past 2 weeks and its helped with tweaking the whole kit.

Stircrazy32

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2022, 06:10:16 PM »
 Hello again I have a question.. Thats driving me sideways. A while back I was trying to use the program dial in reverse. I hit more and program at the same time and  now whenever I turn on the module kit # 75 comes up .No matter where i left off. Thanks in advance for help

bcielo

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2022, 05:11:12 PM »
hi all (I also live on long island new york) I'm using the older Yamaha PCY135 with the Drumit3 and both zones work well - gain set at 10. Using older Yamaha foot controller feels very real but the mid sounds have only a very narrow movement range. 2Box really needs to correct these hi hat issues it's the only real issue that holds it back from going against the big guys.