in the process of buying a drumit 5 mk1, bit confused on the hi hat situation

Started by caleb, August 31, 2021, 03:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caleb

hey everypone caleb here

in the process of buying a drumit 5 mk1, and am a bit confused on the hi hat situation  got a few questions

if i want to change my hihats cymbals do i need a Zourman box?

can i just get a new hi hat stand and cymbals and forget the zourman box?

can i change any other pads or cymbals or is it only the hihat cymbals that are the problem?

is it wouth me buying a drumit 5 mk1 in 2021?

its used good condition, am paying it off at the moment for $3000nzd from a music store

i have seen the 2Box Speedlight kit is brand new for $2,299.00 , were dose the mk1 stand compared with the other 2box models?

am i making a bad move going with the drumit 5 mk1

sorry for 100 questions, will appreciate your advice, thanks

halftime

I don't have personal experience with any of the mentioned components, but based on what I've read, here's my two cents.

The DrumIt 5 Mk1 requires the Zourman box if you want to use any other hi-hat controller than the 2box one.

Other pads should be compatible with the module directly. Although I remember reading something about 3-zone Yamaha cymbals requiring some modification? Maybe it's not a valid issue anymore.

DrumIt 5 Mk1 is still a relevant module in 2021 in my opinion, the only downside is the hi-hat compatibility. The module uses the same operating system as the newer models so I don't think the internals are very different. Paying $3000 NZD which translates to about 1800€ seems a bit steep for the kit though. I might consider the Speedlight kit despite the smaller pads.

caleb

just converted 3000 and comes to about 1500gbp at the moment, think i mite just go with them from what iv heard theres still some pluss to this day that roland td50 or any other kit dont have like the muiti layer samples instead of just 2 layers like most other kits think its just 2box and alesis strike.

thank you halftime i appreciate it

im going to get the zourman box and get the vh 11s and try maybe get the drums bit cheeper cause im sure the hihats were playing up on the kit when i had a go in the shop