News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

dkit file format documentation

Started by emilianoheyns, July 28, 2021, 11:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emilianoheyns

Is the .dkit file format documented anywhere? I have some kits that are missing sounds and I'd rather fix/list these errors in batch rather than by clicking through the drumit editor (which crashes a fair bit on MacOS)

ANGR77

Hi!

For Mac - the only tool available is the 2box DrumIt editor. If you use a pc - I would recommend the DrumIt Manager from Lustark.

If you have kits on your 2box with missing sounds (most often the associated dsnd is missing)....I would definitely recommend borrowing a PC and run the DrumIt manager. It can create a complete list of missing sounds...do batch jobs to fix it etc.

To my knowledge - the dkit structure have not been discussed on this forum...but is of course a good question. :-) It is maybe not too much rocket science as third part tools can handle it.

Best regards

Anders / www.Zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

emilianoheyns

I've set up Fusion and have purchased the DKit manager/SDSE, so that works, but I'm a command line guy -- I'd love to bash together some python scripts to do quick checks for missing sounds, and the generate kits without clicking through the lot. Also makes it easier to put the configuration under version control. So if anyone is privvy to the dkit format -- any info much appreciated.

ANGR77

You have a very good reporting function in dkit manager from Lustark, checking for missing sounds.

Anders / www.Zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

emilianoheyns

I use that, but I'm on a Mac, and for simple things I prefer not to have to fire up Fusion, and being an old-school Unix-head and prefer command line tools a lot of the time. I also want to experiment with the sounds from the 2box site to assemble kits and have that config in source control, and there scripts are just more convenient for me.