News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Newbie problem with SDSE & SSD 5.5 free

Started by halftime, June 20, 2021, 07:06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

halftime

I wanted to try the free Steven Slate Drums 5.5 kit on my 2Box, but for some reason I have trouble getting SDSE to export it. When I click Export, SDSE tells me that the VST is not supported and opens up some kind of render mapping dialog in Reaper and I fully admit I don't know what it means. I'm using SDSE 2.9.8 and Reaper 6.29. I tried exporting from two other VSTs and they worked without any adjustments. Any advice?

edcito

It is not working on my system either, I own the full version, Slate released an update for SSD5.5 in may so maybe SDSE hasn't been updated to support it, no biggie, I'm sure Lustar will fix this in no time. The SSD5 version is now 5.5.4 and the plugin is 1.2.4

Lustar

Sorry for the delay, I didn't see this post and only heard about the issue from someone else two hours ago!
The next version will work with SSD5.5 v1.2.4. It was an issue with the newer SSD5.5 version when the UI scale is set to 125% or 150% in the SSD5 settings. It should already work when it's set to 100% in the current version.

halftime

Problem solved, thanks Lustar & edcito! However, I discovered that you also need to have scaling set to 100% in Windows display settings or SDSE just doesn't recognise SSD 5.5.

Lustar

Great! although changing the Windows scale setting to 100% is apparently only needed on some computers (Microsoft Surface) or when using a version of Reaper that wasn't installed and configured by SDSE during setup. The next version will install Reaper 6.29.