Troubleshooting Jam's triggers and instructions for perforated cymbal install

Started by bjoecool, August 11, 2021, 10:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bjoecool

Hi, Everyone. Two years ago, I bought Jman's stealth triggers for acoustic drums and regular acoustic cymbal conversion, connected to 2Box Drumit 5. The kit has worked pretty well for me except for a few problems that I'm hoping some of you can assist since the great Jman is no longer with us:

1) I grew to hate the sound and feel of hitting the cymbals with the vinyl dampener sheet installed, so today I bought some Zildjian L80 cymbals to replace those. I want to reinstall the same triggers on the L80s, but I know the installation process will be at least a little different with these perforated cymbals with no vinyl dampener sheet. Does anyone have JMan's instructions for installing these triggers on perforated cymbals like the L80s? It might take a small miracle to cleanly drill the big hole into the bottom hi-hat cymbal, etc.

2) My crash cymbal triggers recently became very inconsistent in recognizing when I have hit the cymbal. Any suggestions?

3) The double-sided tape on the drum rim triggers won't remain stuck to the inside of the shells. Any suggestions for quality tape that will keep sticking?

Thanks for your help!