News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Latency problem in prog menu

Started by jogi0567, July 10, 2021, 10:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jogi0567

Hello,

I have a problem with my Drumit 5 MK2 module.
This works without any problems, but as soon as I switch to the PROG menu, there are always delays on individual pads or cymbals.
As soon as I switch back to the basic menu, everything is normal again.
This also happens with normal standard sets.
My e-drum hardware comes from a Roland TD-12K.
Does anyone else know this problem or am I the only one?

Karbonfaiba

It's a known issue with all Drumit modules.

You must only play with the KIT menu selected, on the first page preferably, with a kit that is saved.

The UNIT menu is different because it actively loads the calibration of the last triggered pad. This clearly involves some loading of settings into memory each time - so loading things frequently enough is likely bottlenecking the memory bandwidth or the CPU, causing the lag.

Even on the recently released Drumit 5 MK2, the underlying hardware is still based on the original 10 year old design in some areas. You should get used to the quirks the longer you use 2box.

P.S. I actually believe it's a CPU limitation since if you do enough Portnoy fills in the UNIT menu, the sample playback will queue up with uniform spacing, which would indicate running to a fixed clock speed. But it could also have something to do with the Command Queuing support on my A2 microSD card.  8)

jogi0567

Thank you for the quick response. I got the answer from 2box that they never heared from that problem.
I was asked to sent the module to 2box Germany and they told me that they can't reproduce the problem. So they told me that it's probably a problem of my TD12?!