News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Unofficial 1.40 OS

Started by edcito, June 29, 2021, 11:11:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ANGR77

It looks like it is a quite advanced compression algorithm used - looking on the files with a sinus wave sample gives no indications what is going on. :-)

I have to try and see if the samples could be stored back in to waves again.

Best regards

Anders / www.Zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

tsss27

Very interesting find. The lossless compression feature was discussed years ago. I suspect it is similar to what Nord uses for their keyboards, as 2Box originated from there...

edcito

on thomann there's the drumit 3 and they show on the photos the first kit called "De_Fruende_1", anyone has any idea of where this kit comes from?

edcito

The metronome is routed to 3+4 by default so don't panic if you can't hear it in your headphones, go to the Unit>Out page, press more and M Out together and change it to Mix.

edcito

I can confirm cymbal 1 is quieter in 1.40, also the ride or cymbal 2 drops notes, back to 1.36.3 for now

edcito

I just rendered a kit from Superior Drummer 3 expansion Fields of Rock, it's the Stormtrooper kit of the Live part, used SDSE to render the wavs and the Fame Editor to create the dsnd files, the original size with SDSE is around 860MB, with the Fame editor it's only 362MB so I wanted to see if the latency and stuttering is due to file size (which I already discarted a couple of years ago but anyway) the result? Playing the kit just becomes impossible, the module just robocops and stop functioning after playing 30 seconds a pattern. So I restarted and set the kick voice to mono and it was playable again, this was using a 64 Sandisk Extreme SD card, so  I then tried the stock 4GB micro Sd card that came with my drumit 3 to see if it is the SD Card (which again I tested too a couple of years ago and found it was not the case but anyway) so I copied just the kit and the 1.40 OS, nothing else, result? same thing, setting kick to mono was again the only solution, so it's not the SD card either, it's really something to do with the kick part which is the base for all the notes.
I turned off the XTALK settings for all the pads. Pads were set correctly to roland pads and cymbals PP and CYPS.

edcito

Here you can listen to my findings:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Apbbfhss1Va_hoNqeUcxNz0mTr0BFg

the first part is with kick voice set to poly, the second part to mono, same pads, same 1.40 OS, same kit, same SD card.

edcito

I had played more kits from The Fields of Rock using SDSE, so far none glitches like the one above, so it's also the samples and how they were recorded/edited I suppose.
The Fame Editor still has some bugs, for instance, the hihat closed edge and bow are not created correctly so I get open sounds on both, also the ride bell is not created correctly either so I can't play the bell.