News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

DrumIt things

Started by Deve Loper, June 19, 2021, 09:11:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deve Loper

Hi all.
Now and then I read the posts about DrumIt. Partly happy to see people still like it, partly sad to see problems.
However, since I am not actively involved anymore since the original "mk1", I can not help out much.
Sometimes I have a hunch what the problem might be, but it's out of my hands. When I have a constructive idea, I will chime in.
Best regards, Deve.

halftime

Thanks for all your contributions Deve! The 2Box concept is quite unique and I think it's quite remarkable how the original DrumIt 5 is still a relevant module even after 10+ years. It may seem that I'm annoyed with my DrumIt 3 and it's partly true of course, but at the same time I don't regret buying it because it has boosted up my interest in drumming and e-drums in general and I think I've learned a lot during this past year or so.

Karbonfaiba

I appreciate the sentiment Deve, even if you aren't supporting 2box in an official capacity anymore, knowing somebody with those connections is reading means it doesn't fall on deaf ears.  :)

Currently I see nothing better than 2box for my needs, even with it's follies. The only thing that can replace my Drumit 5 MKII is a better 2box module that does everything the current Drumit 5 does, but better, with a hardware upgrade in certain areas.

The underlying tech is timeless, but 2box should try to fix bugs, when they can be identified. That's really the only expectation I have till product retirement.

tsss27

For me the biggest problem is that there are various bugs that 2Box seems to be uninterested in fixing. Currently there's still nothing out there which equals this module; the idea is still revolutionary even 10 years later.

The polyphony is low, but from testing a friend's MKII it seems that module has slightly better handling of cymbal polyphony.

Just wish you could secretly add the MIDI note for snare cross stick in an unofficial firmware release ;) lol I can dream!

Deve Loper

Thanks for your feedback all. Nice to hear you still dig DrumIt.
About the last issue, I thought there would be 3 zone midi support, since they now have 3 zone snare sounds.
Who knows, maybe a pretty day in the future me and 2box could agree upon making updates...?
Glad midsommar från Sverige!

ANGR77

Hi Deve - happy midsummer to you also!

No- the third zone has not been mapped over midi...something which we raised to 2box when the the three was launched. So any decade...a solution will be launched! :-)

Best regards

Anders / www.Zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Karbonfaiba

Enabling real 3 zone snare support would be an excellent new feature.

They would need to code new midpoint thresholds in the unit settings however to allow us to calibrate it properly. Are we suggesting 2box no longer has a coder on their support team, which is why they cannot even approach these ideas?  :-X

tsss27

Quote from: Karbonfaiba on June 25, 2021, 11:02:41 PM

They would need to code new midpoint thresholds in the unit settings however to allow us to calibrate it properly. Are we suggesting 2box no longer has a coder on their support team, which is why they cannot even approach these ideas?  :-X

The 2Box does support 3-zone snares, at least from Yamaha...But the crossstick zone was never added in as a MIDI note. I use the 2Box played from MIDI percussion pads, so there is no way to get a cross stick sound other than removing a sound from another zone (or velocity switching, which I won't do as I want the full dynamics of all sounds.) This should, in theory, be a very easy thing to add to the code -- it's just one MIDI note, probably the empty one right after snare and snare rim, just like how cymbals take up 4 neighboring notes.

edcito

Quote from: Karbonfaiba on June 25, 2021, 11:02:41 PM

they have more than one, but they are not full-time there at 2box and seemed uninterested in hearing feedback, also I'm subscribed to the 2box newsletter since day one around 2012, to this day I haven't received 1...