News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Module freezes?

Started by Lebatteure, May 31, 2021, 09:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lebatteure

Hi...I'm new here...i bought a used drumit 5 mk1 and it works fine for about 30 mins and then is sounds like a power surge and everything stops sounding, the module is still on but with a blank screen. It works fine again on power up but I cant gig with this issue.
Has this happened anyone else?
I'm assuming/hoping its just the PSU but i first noticed the problem when i wasnt even playing it (i left it on when i went to do something and was frozen when i returned)
Ps. I'm in Ireland using the correct 230v 2box psu
Thanks

welshsteve

Sorry to ask, but you say the correct PSU. The Mk1 used AC/AC adaptor and would require 18V and (if I recall) 500ma of current.
So, if the PSU says "2box" on it, then that answers that. Unless of course the PSU has a fault. If it's a 3rd party PSU, check if its giving out the correct Voltage and amps! It'll say on it.
Btw, I went through 2 x 2box PSUs when I had one, ended up using a 3rd party one at the end. It was 15v though, but it did work for a good while up until I sold it to a friend, who says it's still going.

My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Lebatteure

Hi...yes it says 2box on it and is 18v etc
I might look around for another similar psu to try out

welshsteve

I don't think it's the PSU mate, if it's not powering up then yeah, probably the PSU, but you're saying it's sorta powering and then freezes.
Have you consulted 2box themselves?
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

ANGR77

Sd card problem? Then it could freeze like that.

Best regards

Anders / www.Zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

drummologo

it happened to me a couple of times over the years ... it crashed after a while I played, in my case it depended on copying and deleting the DSND many times ... some corrupted file badly deleted caused these system crashes .
I solved it by formatting the card with a special program posted here on the forum (I don't remember the name)
  copying the original content of the SD card downloaded from the internet.