News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

cymbal pads

Started by bezi waisberg, May 26, 2021, 02:50:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bezi waisberg

does anyone know which cymbal pads are compatible with 2box I tried the ddrum4 pad and the sound was stuck as if it were muffled is there a good and cheap pad that does not cause any kind of problem?

kenjwright

Hi!

I do not have a 2box module but the ddrum4 pad is a single piezo using a mono cable so if the pad type in the module does not match (the manual shows Kick1/2 as the only single piezo trigger type) then possibly the signal is misinterpreted by the module as a simultaneous hit+choke (piezo/switch)? Only a wild guess but worth checking the trigger type setting.

Regarding other pads I have found to be a reasonable cost/performance balance are any of the Pintech models. I have single and dual zone PCs for crashes and an LTE (metal) for the ride. You can pretty much choose whatever size/model matches your budget.

Cheers!

Ken
Ludwig Acoustics, Paiste Cymbals, Drum Brothers Djun Djuns, ddrum3, ddrum4, 2BOX DrumIt Five, Pintech Cymbals, MegaDrum56, eDRUMin-4

logihack

I don't wanna be rude, but it was already answered many
times and here you even didn't mention anything about your module. Is it old drum it5, mk2, drumit3? Cymbal pad? Hihat, crash, ride?
Try Google with: 2box compatibility, or something like that.

welshsteve

Quote from: bezi waisberg on May 26, 2021, 02:50:09 AM
does anyone know which cymbal pads are compatible with 2box I tried the ddrum4 pad and the sound was stuck as if it were muffled is there a good and cheap pad that does not cause any kind of problem?

The ddrum4 pads might work if you use an XLR to mono (not TRS) jack cable, but I am guessing.

The Yamaha cymbals pads work well with the modern 2box modules. That's the Drumit3 and 5 MK2. While they'll also work with the older orange drumit5, you be limited to edge/bow... and edge on the bell Zone too! At least that's how I remember it when I tried this a few years ago.

The Lemon Cymbals (if you can get hold of them) should also work well.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!