News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Bug report: Hihat Footsplash triggering on bow

Started by Karbonfaiba, May 04, 2021, 06:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karbonfaiba

I believe I have discovered a bug whereby a footsplash (zone 9) note is triggered when striking the bow or edge while opening the hihat from a fully closed position.

A footsplash note will often replace what should have been a bow or edge articulation at the equivalent velocity layer. This is problematic for playing hihat barks occasionally.

The module doesn't seem to register (on the display) that it played a note from zone 9 when this happens either, so it's possibly not logged in MIDI - although I haven't checked this yet.

This is on Drumit5 MKII, with any hihat dsnd, with a Roland VH-11, but it would be good if other people could confirm this for me on their modules. This bug seems to be present regardless of calibration settings. If you have PFACT set accordingly to achieve foot splashes, this bug should be apparent.

halftime

I wonder if it's a bug or just a limitation of the algorithm, based on Deve Loper's comment in this old thread... https://www.2box-forum.com/index.php?topic=3950.0

edcito

it's not a bug, it's normal behaviour, hihat is the weakest link in the 2box triggering chain, hard to admit, sad but true...