News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Zero Byte Wav File at Conversion

Started by Broadpath, April 26, 2021, 02:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Broadpath

Hello All,

I'm new to 2Box having purchased a Drumit 3 a few weeks ago. Have started importing WAV samples, and while all works as it should for some, others convert to DSND format at Zero Bytes and, of course, are silent as a result. This problem seems to be with cymbal samples specifically (thus far).  Given I've had success with some files, there doesn't seem to be a problem with my general process but is there something about cymbals (or other potentially affected files) that I need to be aware of? Playing the original WAV files directly, whether drum or cymbal, yields audible results, so the files seem to be fine.

Can't seem to find other case studies out there, so I'm scratching my tilted head for now.

Many thanks in advance for your insights!

ANGR77

Just a question - How do your process look like when creating these samples? Which editor do you use etc?

Best regards

Anders / www.Zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Broadpath

Thank you for your question, Anders.

I'm just converting existing WAV files through the 2-Box editor. Nothing else outside of that process, and I'm not creating the WAVs myself. The WAVs are a series of hits (typically 15 per unit, give or take).

As a specific example, I have a flat ride sample with three articulations - tip, crash and shoulder - each with their own series of hits. I point to the samples folder in the editor and load each articulation set into a zone on the cymbal template.

I have had success with drum and percussion samples that I've tried.

Thanks again,
Michael

ANGR77

Hmm...And the wave files which creates the problems with zero bytes dsnd ...are good before they are dragged into the DrumIt Editor? Sounds strange...is the wave files in the right format? 16/24bits 44,1 KHz

There are some alternatives if using PC to create dsnd files. First Dsound toolkit http://www.shortestpath.se/dsoundtool/ and secondly my favorite the dkit manager from Lustark where you have the internal tool..Dsound Manager... www.Lustark.com

Best regards

Anders / www.Zourman.com

Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Broadpath

They are 24bit in original form- I assume they are 44.1 but that's not stated specifically from the source, though I can't imagine why they would be rendered in any other format.

I am aware of the alternative tools but I am Mac-based.

Thanks again!

ANGR77

No,

I am out of ideas here what could make this happen. You could try to generate just one layer or just one stroke type. )not all three now, edge and bell at once from affected wave files and see if this improves. Never seen it...but I am using a PC and is also using the 2box editor very rarely.

Note:
DSoundTool has been tested on Windows 7 and Windows XP. However, it should work on most operating systems (Windows, Linux, MAC) as long as Java 1.6 has been installed. At least 256 MB RAM is required.

Best regards

Anders / www.Zourman.com