News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Change Midi Note When Hihat Open/Closed

Started by Trocki, March 24, 2021, 05:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trocki

Hey guys, new user here.

I figured out how to change the outgoing midi notes in my 2box Drumit 3 module (this isn't mentioned in the included user manual, as far as I can see).

I use my edrums to play Rock Band on Xbox One by sending midi notes.

One thing that I need to be able to do is to send a different midi note depending on the state of my hats. When my hihat is closed (22/A#0) and when it is open (51/D#3).

Someone, please tell me this possible (and how to do it). I'll have to return my module if it isn't. :(

Broadpath

Hi,

This feature is not (yet) implemented in 2Box as there is no overall mute group capability like you might find in some modules or software. In fact, even the new Alesis Strike modules have moved away from this (the old DM10 did this fine). Everyone seems to be designing around their respective pads and not providing alternative configs.

I use a Zendrum, and these features would be helpful to me as well as others using MIDI controllers as opposed to pads. There's a lot to love about the 2Box, though I find myself using other modules to source the items I need. Good thing the Zendrum is capable of multiple channels per setting.

I have communicated with the company about this and their response seems to indicate a move in this direction in a future firmware upgrade. Not sure how high on the list this is, but I'm choosing to be patient at the moment. Else, I have kept the original packing to be ready to put mine on the market as well.

Maybe if we keep asking.....