News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Electronic Drum sounds

Started by tushar, April 15, 2021, 12:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tushar

I've been using a Yamaha DTX for some time now (>20 years). Does the 2box have a very good array of electronic sounds onboard? Is there the ability to tweak the sounds much, I mainly play drum and bass, trance, house, so need highly compressed drum sounds. I'm currently loading samples onto a USB stick and loading them into the Yamaha. I could do with a good sound bank to save on this effort. I use this kit live so don't want any hassles with the 15 minute change over times we get to set everything up! Loading a USB stick takes 30 seconds, too long when there is a power glitch.

Every demo I look at compares the electronic kits to acoustic kit sounds. Or is there some sort of easy editor to really tweak sounds?

Assume the 2box has triggers so one hit of the hi-hat double triggers in tempo as well as being able to play loops, I'm getting lazy in my old age. One example here: https://open.spotify.com/track/6p7NRH5JOAxXREI9a3nxfK?si=CiavVFuJTMKyvRi4uiGwzg

Tushar

halftime

You can't really edit the sounds on the module. You can control how long a sample will play, but that's about it. With 2Box, you're expected to create your sounds elsewhere, like in a VST instrument, from start to finish, and then just transfer them to the SD card of the module. I guess 2Box wouldn't be very different for you in that regard.

The module has some electronic sounds pre-installed and they are also available for download on 2Box's site: https://2box-drums.com/sounds/ (unfortunately they have removed the possibility to filter by category, so browsing through is a bit slow) - I don't know if they are of any use to you.

2Box does support triggering loops and some loops are included in the pre-installed kits.

welshsteve

I have the entire library (more or less) filtered into Categories, so if you do pull the trigger and get one and want all them electronic sounds, hit me up and I'll send them as a Zip file. To be clear, I am referring the 2box electronic/synth sounds. It'll just save you time plowing through their site looking for, finding, and downloading the sounds one by one.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!