News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Midi out from Roland to midi in Hi Hat issue

Started by SivanCarm, April 14, 2021, 02:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SivanCarm

I'm running a Roland TD-15( to use all my roland stuff)- and the midi out goes to midi in on the 2box. Everything is great, besides the hi hat- I can get only note#45 and 46- it's never fully closed- just slightly, then half then open. What am I missing here?

ANGR77

Hi! Even if going over midi the hi-hat on 2box still needs to be calibrated...because the midi adjusts the internal hihat engine. I also have to check about the last midi note on the hihat - if it was addressable over midi...there were something special here...

Best regards

Anders / www.Zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

bcielo

Hi, are you saying if I run my hi hat from a different module (I'm trying dtxpress 3) to say 2box3 I still have to make adjustments in the 2Box unit page "HCAL" to fine tune everything? Thanks

welshsteve

Just a thought.

Anders, you might be able to answer this. But 2box uses CC Footcontrol whereas (I hope I am correct here) uses Modulation to determine the open/closed.

So if this is correct, the CC from the Roland (Modulation) wouldn't adjust the transitions on the HH of 2box because it's expecting Footcontrol to determine how open/closed is being played.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Deve Loper

Hi. DrumIt (at least the oroginal one) uses CC4 as hihat pedal position.
Open 0, closef 127 (can be set reversed).
AFAIK roland can also use CC4, see eg
https://static.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/TD-50_MIDI_Imple_e03_W.pdf
Best,
Deve.

ANGR77

Hi best Friends.

I would claim that You need to calibrate the hihat first on 2box to get pedal in the next step to respond properly over midi. (This was my last findings) Please note that 2box have set the default cc channel for the pedal to 01...for some strange reason. But this can easily be changed to cc:04.

Best regards

Anders / Zourman.com

Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com