News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

360 triggering + touch choke

Started by HeavyNounours, March 05, 2021, 09:55:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeavyNounours

Hey guys!

I plan to make my DIY 1zone crash cymbal with touch choke and 360 triggering, and I need to understand exactly how it works before doing anything. Please explain to me like i'm 5 :D

My plan : using two bronze lowcost 16" crash cymbals, i'll solder 4-5 screws under the top one, stick to it 4-5 piezzos (series / parallel ?), add a rubber layer, drill 4-5 holes in the bottom cymbal, fix it with nuts.

For the touch choke, i've read the module is send a small current to the TRS' ring, and when we choke, we have to close the circuit (let the electricity run) and the module understands that we are choking. So I had in mind to solder the positive on the top cymbal, the negative on the bottom one, and when I grab the cymbals, my body is closing the circuit, so it chokes the circuit.

For the 360 triggering, i wanted to put severals piezzos all around, but I don't know how to wiring them : do piezzos create their own electricity, and then in series, when one piezzo is hit, the others will let the current pass ? Or maybe it's better in parallel ?

Is everything OK and should be working ? Or am I a stupid monkey ? :D

Thanks !