News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Next shipment!!

Started by Scottie, August 04, 2009, 10:38:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roel

Quote from: orly on March 31, 2010, 07:31:29 PM
He said new rack but didn't tell me much.

when the set is on stock I will buy one can't wait.

hwasser

Hihi, got the drumequipment today (doubble pedal, hihatstand, snarestand and such) but the kit will arive tomorrow or next week :(

I write an interview together with my drummer when done! :)

orly

Quote from: roel on April 01, 2010, 06:04:18 PM
when the set is on stock I will buy one can't wait.
I ordered it on tuesday, I couldn't wait too  ;)

Edit: Thomann now indicates "shipment due to arrive on 15.05.2010", sad

hwasser

:'(

It's holiday today and monday, forgot that. I will get the kit next week

:'( :'( :'( :'(

roel

I ordered by music store keulen in germany, Iam so happy so soon there will be a new 2box customer 4 life yeaah! :rock:

hwasser

Bought them and I have to write a short review:

The sound were ok. Some where good and some less good. But again I can get what ever sound I want in the next update :)

The drums trigger extremely good, I have played all Roland kits, and this one beats roland td-20, I mean, even the crashcymbal is 3-zone. Same problems with the zones that some people told about. To loud bell och bell on a place at the middle of the cymbal. Besides that the cymbals are great, like the way they swing and that they are hard, harder than rolands cymbals which are to soft.

Actually, the reaction that 2 friends who can play drums and from me was "omfg, it feels like acoustic drums", that means: the mesh is great, the size of the drums is great, the dynamic is great (I use a real snarestand, so i have extreme sensivity on that, can play soft drum rolls whit no problems at all. The cymbals have hard surface which is great. I use a pearl hihatstand and a peacedouble pedal (which actually was great).

Just one thing: the kick is to hard, which makes the beater to bounce twice to the surface. I will experiment with this, I have some foam from absorbents (bought to many of them) that I will test with, or maybe craft foam (which can be bought for 3$ at usual hobbystores) that I will tape on the surface of the kick drum.

In the kickdrum there is a bit to hard rubber behind the mesh, and it is this that seams to be the problem.

puttenvr

@Roel: great !!!
@hwasser: perhaps a softer beater will do the job

Perico

Hi the 2Box community!
I have finally received my kit, and even last Os was installed!  :rock: (I ordered it in December)
I'm a new beginner drummer. I did not play for 8 years!
I will probably have some questions for you guys!
Happy drumming!

puttenvr

Great and welcome to the forum
Where you from?

Perico

Hi puttenvr,
I'm french but I live in Montréal Canada.
For now I'm happy with the kit. I just have some crosstalk with my ride cymbal. I changed the trig settings of this cymbal but I still have some crosstalk. Which settings do you have for your ride cymbal? Maybe I have to change the place of this cymbal. I would like to know if you succed to avoid all crosstalk?
About the kick it looks like I have to play hard to have a full sound. Though when I hit the kick head with my finger in the hole I hear a good level sound. Where does the beater should hit the kick head exactly?
Thanks for your help

puttenvr

My kit is in the practice room (not @home) so I can't check any cymbal settings. But I don't have any crosstalk. Only slightly problems with the bell/bow positions.
The beater hits the pad somewhat above the place where the trigger is

hwasser

Quote from: puttenvr on April 10, 2010, 04:23:43 PM
@Roel: great !!!
@hwasser: perhaps a softer beater will do the job

Which beater do you prefer?

Is the TDrum Triggerball ok? Or is it to soft?

I will test with some acoustic foam on the beaters, then maybe a sponge, hehe :p
I will post the result after i tested! :)

fishmonkey

please let us know if you find a more suitable beater, i'm sure there must be something that will work better than the standard hard felt one...

hwasser

Quote from: fishmonkey on April 12, 2010, 11:23:11 AM
please let us know if you find a more suitable beater, i'm sure there must be something that will work better than the standard hard felt one...

I dont use the beater supplied with 2box, i use this one:
http://www.musicstore.com/en_EN/EUR/Peace-Velocity-Nitro-Double-Pedal-P-38950DC/art-DRU0018248-000

puttenvr

Quote from: hwasser on April 12, 2010, 09:33:56 AM
Which beater do you prefer?

I don't have any problems with the beater noise myself
So I use the standard beater