News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Next shipment!!

Started by Scottie, August 04, 2009, 10:38:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandubien

Hello guys,

I don't know if it has already been asked but does anyone know when separate elements will be available ? I would like to add one tom and one cymbal.

Thanks

Remi

tjemeu

Quote from: HM on February 15, 2010, 04:57:00 PM
That'll be more than seven months from my order. I never thought I had to wait this long to get it. I can't help feeling disappointed. Well, can't do anything but wait now.

That's weird, if you've ordered it a couple of months ago, you should have got it with the first shipment i think. Where did you ordered the kit?

puttenvr

Quote from: roel on February 15, 2010, 08:33:31 PM
I order nothing yet.

That's what I meant
You jump into discussions (shipment problems, quality of the rack) without being really part of it

roel

Quote from: puttenvr on February 16, 2010, 06:14:43 AM
That's what I meant
You jump into discussions (shipment problems, quality of the rack) without being really part of it

puttenvr I played a lot of times on the 2box set I know where iam talking about.

UC

ease off a bit Putt - this is a forum for discussion and information, not an Exclusive Owners' Club! (unless you want me to start charging an entrance fee  ;D)

HM

Quote from: tjemeu on February 15, 2010, 10:51:53 PM
That's weird, if you've ordered it a couple of months ago, you should have got it with the first shipment i think. Where did you ordered the kit?
I ordered from my local dealer in Finland. The Finnish distributor obviously didn't receive enough kits (if any) in the previous shipment, even though in UK there were so many kits that some dealers could have them in stock for a while.

puttenvr

Quote from: UC on February 16, 2010, 09:13:48 AM
ease off a bit Putt - this is a forum for discussion and information, not an Exclusive Owners' Club! (unless you want me to start charging an entrance fee  ;D)

Sure, but I was surprised by the sentence
... me too, it takes a lot of time to get the set...
How can waiting for the next shipment be a problem when you didn't order anything?
In that case the recall of Toyota cars is a huge problem for me
But I do own a Renault ...

UC

puttenvr

Fact is: there are shipment delays all the time
Why?
Being a public relations officer I would advice to clear up things
Perhaps it mitigates waiting so long

TimDeBim

Quote from: puttenvr on February 16, 2010, 04:03:25 PM
How can waiting for the next shipment be a problem when you didn't order anything?

It can be problem if you intend to buy one, but first want to try it out in a store before you order one blindly...

roel

Quote from: TimDeBim on February 17, 2010, 05:43:00 PM
It can be problem if you intend to buy one, but first want to try it out in a store before you order one blindly...

You get it!

puttenvr

Testing the kit isn't a problem
Therefor there a 4 kits in Holland
Including mine ...

Baby Samus

Quote from: roel on February 17, 2010, 05:49:20 PM
You get it!

I don't see any issue here as regards it being difficult to buy a kit, because considering the amount 2Box are able to manufacture at the moment, its not.  If you wanted a kit but didn't order one or pre-order one in time, its your own fault really - no offence but it is.  I bought one without trying it out, and I'm very happy.  I simply called Andertons in England, they were getting 24 kits in (2nd shipment) and 10 were for people who missed out on the first shipment, leaving 14 kits for sale.  I just put my name down and a £100 deposit, and the kit was with me next day delivery after the shipment arrived.  13 other people would have done the same - they put their money down in faith.

The difference I think is that I made a decision to buy one, and I accepted that there may be problems.  I read as much as I could into the kit, watched all the videos, read the comments from the drummers that tried it at Musikmesse in 08, and made a decision.  You can only research so much before you have to make a decision you know?  Do I buy and accept the shortcomings or do I wait?  What problems are you afraid of finding?  Can you not ask owners on the forum about potential problems that you would especially like to avoid, helping you make that decision?

Sure you could try it in a store for an hour and have a reasonable impression of the kit, hardware, sounds and playability, but to be honest to get the 2Box tweaked how you like takes a lot longer (took me a good week or two to get it playing just right for me).  And how many of these stores have it set up correctly?  How many have them plugged into quality headphones or amp?  How many have not setup the rack correctly giving users a false impression?  Have they set the gain and threshold correctly for the kit you are trying?  Are the skins tight enough for how you play?  Are the mix settings at the right levels etc etc etc.  In other words, trying it in a shop might leave you with a bad impression, but if you tried my kit I'm sure you would be impressed.  The rack is solid.  Everything works fine.  None of the heads have cracked or burst.  The module is great and simple to use.  Its very sensitive.  But you may get a completely different opinion of the same thing in a shop because its not been set up as well.

Once you get to know it though, its just awesome - it begs to be played which was not the case with my Roland set.  In short its an awesome instrument for a great price.  Sure it has some minor issues, but the positives far outweigh the negatives.  Just buy one.  You'll love it.  After a few weeks of ownership, I was very happy with it, and I still am.  I didn't try it, I just bought it on faith and used the information at my disposal.  I'm not rich either so it was not an impulse buy.

If there is anything you want to know, like a list of questions you want answered to help you make the decision of whether to buy one, I'm sure all the members of the 'Exclusive Owners Club' *  ;) will be happy to answer...

*(just kidding!)

Remi

Amen,
;)
Your are completly right.
I waited till it was available and ordered it by thomann.
second shipment.