News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Next shipment!!

Started by Scottie, August 04, 2009, 10:38:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HM

Quote from: Scottie on December 22, 2009, 06:47:03 PM
Perico is correct the next shipment is scheduled to hit at the end of January.
Once i get a more solid ETA i will post it here for you.

The end of January is this week. I hope I'll be a happy 2box-owner very soon! =)

UC

tjemeu

Quote from: HM on January 26, 2010, 07:04:21 AM
The end of January is this week. I hope I'll be a happy 2box-owner very soon! =)

Me too! :-)

Perico

p929

Lucky you .....I gotta wait another month at least  :'(

Baby Samus

Quote from: p929 on January 28, 2010, 08:49:57 PM
Lucky you .....I gotta wait another month at least  :'(

Hey guys,

Don't worry, it will be worth the wait!  I was reading about 2Box for over a year till the actual release, but I hadn't sold my v-drums in time to catch the first shipment and I was gutted!  Finally got my Roland sold and got a 2Box before christmas - 2 months in and I'm still so pleased with it - it's a pleasure to play on and listen to.

My advice?  Pass the time practising.  When I had my Roland the COSM modelling sounded so fake I just didn't feel excited or moved when playing it towards the end, like it wasn't really an instrument, or if it was it was too blunt.  The 2Box is a lot more playable and emotive.  More like an instrument!

BUT WAIT - THERE IS A DOWN SIDE!
Now I have to practise more to do the 2Box justice. When people hear the kit sounds so good, they expect only a famous drummer like Dave Weckl or Steve Gadd could have such a lovely sound and therefore expect me to be a legend!  Unfortunately, they are wrong  :D.  Damn you 2Box!  Damn you!!   :rock:

HM

The Finnish distributor had met the 2box people at NAMM and had been told that the pre-ordered sets will arrive in six weeks. That's going to be in March. I'm a bit disappointed again.

puttenvr

When will there be a normal/enough distribution?

roel

Quote from: puttenvr on January 30, 2010, 05:48:52 PM
When will there be a normal/enough distribution?

thats the question!

logihack

sorry, but it seems no mather how hard they try, its not hard enough for me and i have enough of this waiting...im going for yamaha dtxtreme3...they could sell a lot more kits, but it seems they are not prepered for todays market place...it was almost the same with ddrum4...im professional musician and i needed my e-kit yesterday  >:( ...another 6 weeks??? dont think so  :-* ...bye, bye

Travis182

Logihack if you have needed a kit for so long, why didn't you preorder a kit? It's not 2box fault that you didn't do this. Can't always blame a company for something when really they haven't done anything wrong! Are you telling me that nintendo weren't ready to be in the Market when the Wii first came out and god knows how many shipments it was sold out for. Think of the size of Nintendo and how long they have been around, 2box is a new company that has literally just brought a product to market, it's going to take them time. Yes it's a pain but i don't think you can purely blame them, when if you needed/wanted a kit so bad you should have pre-ordered no?.

p929

Quote from: HM on January 30, 2010, 12:19:09 PM
The Finnish distributor had met the 2box people at NAMM and had been told that the pre-ordered sets will arrive in six weeks. That's going to be in March. I'm a bit disappointed again.

Quote from: logihack on January 31, 2010, 02:25:04 PM
...another 6 weeks??? dont think so  :-* ...bye, bye

HM, are you sure about that ETA?, we've started to speculate and blame 2box and each others.Yes, it's frustrating...nonetheless, we don't know yet if it would be 6 weeks from now or from NAMM (i.e. 2 weeks ago). That gives us end of Feb. This week the Swiss distributor told me that he is expecting a shipment by end Feb with probably a set for me (that would fit with 6 weeks since NAMM) but I ignore if that is the shipment supposed to be this week or not. But honestly, I think distributors know sth since at least 2 weeks and no info about it has been published either in the 2box webpage or here.

Quote from: Travis182 on January 31, 2010, 03:01:55 PM
Yes it's a pain but i don't think you can purely blame them, when if you needed/wanted a kit so bad you should have pre-ordered no?.

U'r right, but there have been too many delays and some people are getting sick of all of this, and we should try not blame each others.  We knew this is a new product, hence delays in production might appear. But sth really annoying/frustrating/disappointing is not having feedback from them at all. For instance Scott said:
Quote from: Scottie on December 22, 2009, 06:47:03 PM
Perico is correct the next shipment is scheduled to hit at the end of January.
Once i get a more solid ETA i will post it here for you.
but since then nothing....

Perico

I have phoned to the shop where I ordered my kit 6 weeks ago. They don't have news about the shipment and no news about the Canadian distributor. I'll contact the distributor but I'm not very optimistic! I think I'll have to wait a little bit more.

logihack

Quote from: Travis182 on January 31, 2010, 03:01:55 PM
Logihack if you have needed a kit for so long, why didn't you preorder a kit? It's not 2box fault that you didn't do this. Can't always blame a company for something when really they haven't done anything wrong! Are you telling me that nintendo weren't ready to be in the Market when the Wii first came out and god knows how many shipments it was sold out for. Think of the size of Nintendo and how long they have been around, 2box is a new company that has literally just brought a product to market, it's going to take them time. Yes it's a pain but i don't think you can purely blame them, when if you needed/wanted a kit so bad you should have pre-ordered no?.

maybe you are right, but anyway...preorder? a prototype set? no thanks...even now they are changing the set and doing on the inprovements...why? becouse the first shiping wasnt so good and even now they are still working on drumpads, hardware etc...i think that is unprofessional and it would be better if they sort that kind of things first...usa is completly different market place and they know that...2box will start selling in us, when everything will be ready(i think so)...they promised(at first), vst suport, 3 types drumheads, drum editor etc...the set is here, but like i said its prototype for me...stock sounds on module are ok, but rack and pads arent, if you compare it with yamaha dtxtreme3(2000eur) or td12(now2200eur)...and if you are looking the kit for vst use(like i am), roland or yamaha are better solution now, when they droped the price on the 2box level
and im not blaming 2box directly, but i realy dont care if this is a new company or not...im a customer who pays fair for the product and i think i dont need to preorder a product that other companys, have it already in stores, where i can even test it...they let the set to soon in the stores and if you are fair you know that im right...this 2box drumset is great on the paper, but its still unfinished product and some promisses from the start were blown by the wind...