News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Next shipment!!

Started by Scottie, August 04, 2009, 10:38:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WalterH

Well i dont know if they did set it up correctly i do think so actually.
And about the calibration i'm can't do that again because the shop is a bit of drive.

But maybe someone can put a video online where he (or she!) shows the hi-hat, with some double and triple beats on it. And also the open to tight close sequence, because yesterday we experienced a true or false (open or close) feel with it.

About the stand if you are the position to go to Arnhem (Eiland Muziek) you can see it for yourself i can't give you any footage of that. It's a great shop though very nice and helpfull crew there.

What about the other points of my post some has some news about that? (the bass pad for example) it's so wigglywoggly to us.

Again thanks for youre reactions appreciate!

Kind regards!
:)

puttenvr

I have no problems with the bass drum pad at all
And didn't hear many members who have

WalterH

Hi puttenvr

Thank you for the reply! Also no problem with double bass pedal on it?
Well actually it's very strange to see a demokit thats not in a good shape (in my opinion) and hear about the good stories on the forum. But it sounds hopefull!

Is their anybody in the neighbourhood of Emmen who owns a 2Box? I'm very curious how one feels when its set up properly then. And i'm still very curious about the hi-hat triggering. :P

Kind regards!

Walter  :)

puttenvr

The Hihat triggering is already improved with the software update and can be furthermore improved with a studier pedal.

UC

hi walter, i use a double kick pedal on mine...i do find the left beater triggers more quietly, but it's down to the position i think. when i get time i think l'm going to try and mod the pedal's clamp or make some kind of packing piece so i  can mount it so the beaters are the same distance from the sensor that lives under the striking pad. i don't play blast beats, for me the double kick is more for the occasional heavy fill (big primus fan :)) ...i think for the serious metaller, i'd recommend testing the 2box with a bunch of pedals to see which is most compatible....or wait till you can buy extra pads, and play 2 kick pads through a 6.35mm jack splitter into the kick input.

Baby Samus

Quote from: wbrs on January 23, 2010, 06:34:28 PM
Samus when you said it shouldn't make any difference to the end user arn't you speculating?

No I am not speculating, as I have the polycarbonate rims, and have also played on aluminium rims.  So far, I can see no advantage of aluminium over the polcarbonate.  If I do I will let you know.

wbrs

Quote from: Baby Samus on January 24, 2010, 05:46:21 PM
No I am not speculating, as I have the polycarbonate rims, and have also played on aluminium rims.  So far, I can see no advantage of aluminium over the polcarbonate.  If I do I will let you know.
When you said should not it means you don't know for sure or you would have said would not.But nice try.

Scottie

Quote from: wbrs on January 25, 2010, 12:51:50 AM
When you said should not it means you don't know for sure or you would have said would not.But nice try.

Hi wbrs

I have had no problems with the polycarbonate rims, and 2box are not going to switch to a different material which gives them issues!
I always get the feeling from your posts that you are trying to cause conflict on the forum, and i just wondered why?

Thanks
Scott

wbrs

Quote from: Scottie on January 25, 2010, 11:25:57 AM
Hi wbrs

I have had no problems with the polycarbonate rims, and 2box are not going to switch to a different material which gives them issues!
I always get the feeling from your posts that you are trying to cause conflict on the forum, and i just wondered why?

Thanks
Scott
Sorry you always feel that way but there seems to be an effort to squash discontent. I see that as causing conflict.

WalterH

Thanks for the reactions!

I got a  reaction of Bengt of 2Box:
In february there will be pc software and the sound editor will be available in april. Also will spareparts come in april (so then it would be possible to get additional items).

I'll wait to june to buy one i want to see the further improvements on the 2box.
And i will also wait off the reaction on roland to this market penetration by 2box.

Thanks for your time!

Kind Regards,

Walter  :)

Scottie

Quote from: wbrs on January 25, 2010, 01:26:27 PM
Sorry you always feel that way but there seems to be an effort to squash discontent. I see that as causing conflict.

Hi wbrs

If you mean reassuring people that all these issues will be sorted out for them, then i dont see that as an effort to "squash discontent"?

Thanks
Scott

Baby Samus

Quote from: wbrs on January 25, 2010, 12:51:50 AM

Wbrs, I can see why you were banned from the v-drums forum now.  You are perfectly entitled to express your opinion if it adds to a thread.  But your posts tend not to.  In effect what you are doing with this statement is calling me a liar.  You are entitled to have that opinion, but it is not an opinion that one should express publicly on a forum, because all it does is cause bad feelings between members and doesn't bring any form of enlightenment.

Noone here is trying to stop you from expressing your opinion, but not all your opinions should necessarily be expressed.  As for trying to squash discontent, I think the only thing that should be squashed on here is people posting about a product they don't have.  Hopefully that will clear things up.

I'm not too fussed about the software editor really, it will come when its ready and I'm sure it will be great.  There are plenty quality sounds on the module already to make loads of good kits with - I couldn't add anything to my old Roland TD-8 module anyway so I'm used to it!

wbrs

I stand by my statement. And the name makes sence now.

wbrs

Quote from: Scottie on January 25, 2010, 03:06:22 PM
Hi wbrs

If you mean reassuring people that all these issues will be sorted out for them, then i dont see that as an effort to "squash discontent"?

Thanks
Scott
I am talking about the likelyhood of ridicule when you express discontent. Which doesn't bother me but maybe others. Baby Samus openly admits he thinks if you don't own the kit yet your posts should be squashed. That seems to be a consences. What say you?

UC

I say "bye bye" wbrs, you're banned.

edit: to put it in context, wbrs has been given reasonable, then firm, then final warnings about disrespecting board members. The ban isn't about his opinions about the kit. Hope that's the last ban I have to hand out.