News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Next shipment!!

Started by Scottie, August 04, 2009, 10:38:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scottie

Quote from: 3drum on January 21, 2010, 07:12:39 PM
What's going on with shipping to the United States? Who is the distributer and when will we see individual kit pricing?

Hi 3drum

All the info you are looking for with regards to the US will be announced soon. Things are moving forward, but i think 2box wants to make sure that it gets the right setup for the product first.

Thanks
Scott

Baby Samus

Quote from: mr.inn on January 21, 2010, 04:46:49 PM
polycarbonate:

"Typical injected applications:
compact discs, DVDs, Blu-ray Discs
drinking bottles
drinking glasses
lab equipment, research animal enclosures
lighting lenses, sunglass/eyeglass lenses, safety glasses, automotive headlamp lenses
MP3/Digital audio player cases"

I like google too :)

I stand corrected on the drinking bottle plastic Mr.Inn!  However, my main point was you suggested that this material may be cheap and not very durable.:

Quote from: mr.inn on January 17, 2010, 09:53:05 AM
i dont like the idea of plastic drums... sounds much cheaper and less durable

I take issue with that, since durability is a measure of how long something will last without deteriorating

Polycarbonate is not a particularly cheap material, however since polycarbonate is incredibly strong and at the same time flexible it will be perfectly durable for its purpose.  Is material used for bullet-proofing not durable enough for you?

Thats why I'm disagreeing with what you said.  Hope thats ok.

mr.inn

dont worry about it, Baby Samus :)
poly is used for bulletproof glass. thats because it is transparent and stronger than regular glass. alu on the other hand is stronger and more durable than poly, if that wasnt the case there would be for example... poly-downhillmountainbikes instead of aluminium ones (im not planing taking my pads for some downhill adventure but still). i was only comparing poly vs alu, and i do agree... poly is durable, but less so than alu. it is also cheaper than alu.

Baby Samus

At the end of the day the material will be durable enough for the purpose they were intended for, and anyway the shells are still aluminium.  I'e been playing away on my kit for 2 months now and there's barely a mark on the rims.  Polycarbonate might also be easier on your sticks than aluminium.  :)

Yes the material has been changed to one that is cheaper to mass produce, but it is strong enough that it should make no difference to the end user.

My point here is that unless someone has tested the polycarb rims personally, they should not speculate on how strong they may be.  Just let the owners of the second batch kits tell you how strong they are.  We should be giving forum readers accurate information (whether negative or positive) and not speculation.

mr.inn

so..you are telling me not to speculate?? sorry then ... didnt know this was a non-speculate zone...

wbrs

I  think your right Mr Inn plastic is cheaper and less durable. Wether it works better is yet to be seen.

wbrs

Samus when you said it shouldn't make any difference to the end user arn't you speculating?

UC

Quote from: wbrs on January 23, 2010, 06:24:29 PM
I  think your right Mr Inn plastic is cheaper and less durable. Wether it works better is yet to be seen.

My kit has the polycarbonate rims, and having spent many hours on a 1st generation demo kit in the shop with the aluminium rims, I can't tell the difference tbh. I can't imagine either type breaking unless you're the incredible hulk, and I'm pretty sure there's no difference in terms of response.

WalterH

Today me and some friends got in the car and drove 3 hours to test on the demokit in Arnhem. Well, we got a bit dissapointed  ???  :-[ by the 2box.

1. the rack was very instable We also tested a yamaha and a roland kit but their rack seems a lot
more durable to us.
2. the hi-hat triggering was very bad and the stand also.
3. the snare stand was very instable
4. the Bass-pad was whiggeling all over the place. My little brother had a double basspedal on it and the left beater sound lot softer then the right beater sound.

The sound of the 2box was very good though!
Can anyone tell me about the 4 points that are above? Did 2box improve these points? :-\

Thank you!

Walter

roel

Quote from: WalterH on January 23, 2010, 08:09:26 PM
Today me and some friends got in the car and drove 3 hours to test on the demokit in Arnhem. Well, we got a bit dissapointed  ???  :-[ by the 2box.

1. the rack was very instable We also tested a yamaha and a roland kit but their rack seems a lot
more durable to us.
4. the Bass-pad was whiggeling all over the place. My little brother had a double basspedal on it and the left beater sound lot softer then the right beater sound.

Can anyone tell me about the 4 points that are above? Did 2box improve these points? :-\

Thank you!

Walter

you see that iam not the only one that find out these points...

wbrs

I'm sure the rims are fine. Might even be a better material for that job. But you can understand why replacing something that was metal with plastic could raise some red flags when there is talk of cheapness (undeserved in my view) of the hardware.

wbrs

Would someone make a video of the kit in this condition of instability I keep hearing about. Every video I have seen it looks very stable.

Scottie

Quote from: WalterH on January 23, 2010, 08:09:26 PM
Today me and some friends got in the car and drove 3 hours to test on the demokit in Arnhem. Well, we got a bit dissapointed  ???  :-[ by the 2box.

more durable to us.

Thank you!

Walter

Hi Walter

Did you tighten the snare stand, and do you know if the Hihat had been calibrated?
From your feedback Walter, it does not sound like this kit is setup correctly!

Thanks
Scott

Remi

three hours drive? no tomtom?

roel

Quote from: Scottie on January 23, 2010, 10:08:12 PM
Hi Walter

Did you tighten the snare stand, and do you know if the Hihat had been calibrated?
From your feedback Walter, it does not sound like this kit is setup correctly!

Thanks
Scott

yes I think they didden't setup the kit correctly just like feedback rotterdam where I played the 2box kit.