News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Next shipment!!

Started by Scottie, August 04, 2009, 10:38:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scottie

Hi airdrummer

Perico is correct the next shipment is scheduled to hit at the end of January.
Once i get a more solid ETA i will post it here for you.

Thanks
Scott

puttenvr

What is the reason of those small deliveries? I thought the 1st shipment (which included my kit) was the only small one and production should be on full scale in december. But this month another small shipment hit the floors. Will the January shipment hold a large bunch of 2Box kits? Just want to know in case that I will order my 2nd kit.

melsbro

Quote from: puttenvr on December 22, 2009, 07:41:48 PM
(...) Just want to know in case that I will ordee my 2nd kit.

lol, second kit >.<.
I'm just hoping I will get one in January, so hopefully the next shipment will be (way) bigger indeed.

carl0s

I got mine from Dolphin in Liverpool and they have another in stock I think.

HM

Any news about the next shipment, anyone?

NeilC

Andertons have 5 according to their site... I got mine from there in August... Good shop.

hdevr000

I was wondering one thing. Somewhere in this forum I saw they are changing the hi-hat stand or the construction together with the rack. Plus I heard they will replace some alimium parts for other material.
Good idea to come up with improvements but does this also impact people that bought the first delivery of the DrumitFive?

If not, we will get punished by being to greedy in the past and better could have waited for improvements?
Or am I ahead of things right now?

Thanks!

NeilC

Apparently there was a new clamp developed to hold the HH stand and the rims are now poly-carbonate.

1st generation users can get a replacement clamp as far as I am aware, but dont know when these will be in stock.

As for Poly-rims - 2Box R&D have said that there is no difference whatsoever in playability or sound or function - it is just a bonus for the manufacturing process.

hdevr000

Right, that sounds good to me.
I hope there will be some communication soon about this from Mr. Scott :)

mr.inn

i dont like the idea of plastic drums... sounds much cheaper and less durable. polycarbonate is just common drinking-bottle-plastic. If the polypads are worse in any way i dont know, but aluminum just sound sturdier.
i am glad i got my hands on the aluminum release. Does anyone know if there is any difference in looks between the two pads... i am planing to expand and i guess i have to get plastic pads from now on

NeilC

Quote from: mr.inn on January 17, 2010, 09:53:05 AM
i dont like the idea of plastic drums... sounds much cheaper and less durable. polycarbonate is just common drinking-bottle-plastic. If the polypads are worse in any way i dont know, but aluminum just sound sturdier.
i am glad i got my hands on the aluminum release. Does anyone know if there is any difference in looks between the two pads... i am planing to expand and i guess i have to get plastic pads from now on

I've had some chat with Scottie about the pads as was concerned that the aluminium may react different to the poly-carbs, there's absolutely nothing aesthetically wise (you can't even tell) and they function exactly the same.

Now I don't know if either carry a manufacturers warranty in event of failure, I don't know the lifetimes of alu vs poly. And obviously playing style would effect that?

puttenvr

Only the rims are polycarbonate. The pads are aluminium

Baby Samus

'The main advantage of polycarbonate over other types of plastic is unbeatable strength combined with light weight. While acrylic is 17% stronger than glass, polycarbonate is nearly unbreakable. Bulletproof windows and enclosures as seen inside banks or at drive-throughs are often made of polycarbonate. Add to this the advantage that polycarbonate is just one-third the weight of acrylic, or one-sixth as heavy as glass, and the only drawback is that it is more expensive than either acrylic or glass.'

Google is a wonderful thing - drinking bottle plastic?  Sorry but I disagree Mr.Inn...

mr.inn

polycarbonate:

"Typical injected applications:
compact discs, DVDs, Blu-ray Discs
drinking bottles
drinking glasses
lab equipment, research animal enclosures
lighting lenses, sunglass/eyeglass lenses, safety glasses, automotive headlamp lenses
MP3/Digital audio player cases"

I like google too :)

3drum

What's going on with shipping to the United States? Who is the distributer and when will we see individual kit pricing?