News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

lost faith in the kit

Started by besco, October 24, 2010, 08:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

besco

really not pleased with my kit got the kit a few months ago now and have hardly played it at all due to the feel of the stand and an issue with the pad

every time i play on the snare pad the rubber underneath the rim falls out of it? this has happened on two of the snares now and it is really annoying

the cymbal quality is also really dodgy not playing the correct sample when hitting it at different volumes and in different places

also the snare stand is useless doesn't support the drum at all

the bass drum is so wobbly when you hit it does not have a solid feel at all
has anyone got any ideas or why this is happening to my kit
i have just bought a snare stand so when that comes hopefully that particular problem will be improved

Scottie

Quote from: besco on October 24, 2010, 08:29:00 PM
really not pleased with my kit got the kit a few months ago now and have hardly played it at all due to the feel of the stand and an issue with the pad

every time i play on the snare pad the rubber underneath the rim falls out of it? this has happened on two of the snares now and it is really annoying

the cymbal quality is also really dodgy not playing the correct sample when hitting it at different volumes and in different places

the bass drum is so wobbly when you hit it does not have a solid feel at all
has anyone got any ideas or why this is happening to my kit
i have just bought a snare stand so when that comes hopefully that particular problem will be improved

Hi besco

The best course of action is to speak with your local distributor, who will be able to help you with any issues that you have.
If i send you a PM could you take a video your bass drum, as that wobble doesn't sound right?

Also what country are you located in?

Thanks for any info
Scott

Scottie

Quote from: besco on October 24, 2010, 09:59:25 PM
in the uk bought it from wembley drum centre about 9 months ago

the main issue i have is the rubber coming out from under the snare this has happened on two snares now is there a fix for this as its really annoying

Hi besco

I am back in the office on Tuesday, I will send you a PM and we will get these issues sorted out for you.

Hope this helps,
Scott

Slap the drummer

Hi - I just got a new kit myself.  Are you talking about the Mk2 with the separate snare stand?
I was really impressed by the rack and stand.  I think if you've got problems with your snare stand you should get it swapped over - it must be a dodgy sample.

Evy

Ya the snare stand isn't perfect but I find as long as I crank it down hard with the drum key I have very few issues with it, and I wack the snare with 5B's.  What do you mean by the 'feel' of the stand?  Again with my experience, as long as everything is nice and tight it doesn't move at all, and of the Roland and Yamaha kits I've had the 2Box bass drum is the most solid of them all.  Not to ask a stupid question...is it installed correctly? 

Tristan

Quote from: besco on October 29, 2010, 05:26:44 PM
just as an update on this scott from the uk distribution got in touch with me and has resolved all of the issues

I would just like to publicly thank them as the customer service is brilliant, i have had a lot of problems with my kit but the customer service has made this so much easier to deal with and is rare these days.

+1

I've had a few issues with the kit, but as an early adopter that can happen.  I am very impressed with Gary and Scottie at Hand In Hand though.  I hope 2Box give them the recognition they deserve for supporting their new product like this!

mandubien

winli

i am prepared to get a proper stand for it the thing that really is annoying is that when playing eventually the rubber underneath theugg boots kensington rim just falls out at one point on the snare then u put it back and it falls out again its so frustrating

Evy

have not had that problem yet....knock on wood!!

chris_topher81

Got mine a few months ago too. Love it! Snare Does feel much more stable with a proper snare stand though.