News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

GR US Maple Kit snare downloadable?

Started by Wilbo, December 18, 2020, 12:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilbo

I heard a demo of the MII with the GR US Maple Kit. I love the sound of this kit, especially the snare drum! I have the original Drumit5 module, but this this kit is not on it. It's also not on the 2Box website. Does anyone know if the snare  sound is available as a download anywhere?

ANGR77

Hi! You will find this kit on the MKII content of sounds. https://2box-drums.com/support/

Best regards

Anders / www.Zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Wilbo

Thanks Anders! So it ís on the 2Box website. I will go check it out.

Best regards,
Wil

Wilbo

Okay, so I downloaded the MKII content of sounds, put it on an SD-card and put it in my old Drumit5 to try out the GR US Maple kit. I kind of hoped the settings would be more or less the same and that with a little tweaking it would sound like the Drum Tec example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl7Ar9hk_6Q
But it's so far off from that example that it sounds like a different kit altogether. Is it even possible to get the kit to sound like that on my old Drumit5, or do I have to buy the Mark2 for that?

ANGR77

The Kit which Ralf at Drum-tec is using is the #1 kit on the image for Drumit Five MKII.
They should sound exactly the same even if you are running it on a Five MKI.

Best Regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Wilbo

It definitely does not sound the same. I think there's something wrong with the zones. I think they're turned around or something. Te rim sound is much louder than the snare sound and even if I turn down 'Gain' it doesn't help much. And the hi-hat only gives a closed sound. No open sound and no chick. I have the Zourman converter. I've only got this problem whith the MKII SD-card. The card with my old MKI sounds works perfectly well.

ANGR77

Hmm...

All 2box settings is stored on each SD CARD. (Not on the 2box itself) So if You boot on your old card your usual settings is used...but if you just takes the MKII SD card...it will just take the default settings from this card. So all settings needs to be reproduced or copied to your MKII card. However...if you just take your dkit file from the old card to the MKII card...the settings will be right for your pads...but the sound banks still be your old ones...(the banks are stored in the same dkit file)

You need to make the same adjustments to the settings on all pads on the MKII card to be equal to your old card.

This can maybe be done directly on a computer off line - if you are skilled on Dkit Manager from Lustark.

Best regards

Anders / www.Zourman.com

Lustar

Here's how to import all your Unit settings from an old kit bank to a new kit bank with DKit Manager:
- double click in the explorer to open the new kit bank
- on the first Unit page click Import at the bottom
- browse and select the old kit bank
- click Save to save the changes to the new kit bank, or Save as to save as a new file

ANGR77

Hi!

This actually a real nice function in DKIT MANAGER / (Which is quite obvious when looking in DKIT Manager /  :D)

Just to make sure that you go to the first "unit" in DKIT Manager page and click import here. Not from the import function on the main page! Then it import all your configuration settings! Pretty Neat - Big thanks Lustark!

Best Regards

Anders / www.zourman.com   

Wilbo

Okay, I will go try that. Thanks for the info!

Happy new year, by the way! :)

ANGR77

Quote from: Lustar on January 01, 2021, 10:29:02 AM
Here's how to import all your Unit settings from an old kit bank to a new kit bank with DKit Manager:
- double click in the explorer to open the new kit bank
- on the first Unit page click Import at the bottom
- browse and select the old kit bank
- click Save to save the changes to the new kit bank, or Save as to save as a new file

As said - a great function - but should it not be a export function also? :-)

Best Regards

Anders / www.zourman.com

tsss27

Yep, your problem is that the settings on the second card do not match your primary ones, these are the default settings from the factory. Just copy the trigger settings from your original DKIT file to the new one and you'll be good to go!