News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Ride latency while using pedal foot control

Started by Sibblon, December 02, 2020, 08:38:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibblon

Ok guys I got to say it I love 2box, but seriously I feel they just don't performance really well, or it's just me that I still not getting how to tweak it; so I wonder if someone else has experimented some latency issues on the ride pad while keeping tempo by using the foot control pedal on hihat, cause everytime I do some patterns with foot chick and ride latency on ride is annoying , I'm using vh11 as hihat and a 2box cymbal pad 

ANGR77

Do you use a DrumIt Three? (Maybe obvious for this part of the forum)

In general - if experiencing latency problems on a pad or ride...most often the configuration is wrong...like you have a ride with dual piezos...but your settings is set to piezo/switch etc...so please post the settings for your ride and ride model used.

It could well be a memory problem...with a SD card with hiccups...but then would the latency hit randomly on all pads/cymbals...

Best Regards

Anders / www.Zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

edcito

Quote from: Sibblon on December 02, 2020, 08:38:27 AM
Ok guys I got to say it I love 2box, but seriously I feel they just don't performance really well, or it's just me that I still not getting how to tweak it; so I wonder if someone else has experimented some latency issues on the ride pad while keeping tempo by using the foot control pedal on hihat, cause everytime I do some patterns with foot chick and ride latency on ride is annoying , I'm using vh11 as hihat and a 2box cymbal pad

I assume you are using imported samples and not the stock module sounds? Yes, the latency is there and make things unplayable, I experienced it for instance with the SD3 death&darkness kits, no amount of sample manipulation in SDSE gave food results. If you're using stock kits only it works perfectly.

Quote from: ANGR77 on December 02, 2020, 11:53:03 AM
In general - if experiencing latency problems on a pad or ride...most often the configuration is wrong...like you have a ride with dual piezos...but your settings is set to piezo/switch etc...so please post the settings for your ride and ride model used.

I used the speedlightkit which came already configured for the pads it comes with and experienced awfully latency with kits imported from SD3, so it's more than a wrong pad settings issue, I contacted 2box but since the stock kits work perfectly they said they cannot guarantee imported kits will work as well as the stock kits, which is their right of course...

Sibblon

Hi guys thanks for your answers, actually yes I'm using imported sounds from SSD5 with SDSE, well I guess  I'm a little disappointed to heard that imported sounds are not working well, it's a pity cause the quality of them are really good, and actually that was the reason why I got the module,  it's a pity that we cant use vst imported sounds even cause I'm sure the advertisement of the brand pointed it out. I guess I will sell it, since I have it there's everytime something wrong on it, so I am really dissatisfied about this

ANGR77

I think you are making this too easy conclusions  - and disqualify 2box, SDSE and the opportunity to export  VSTs. I have myself exported all ADpaks from AD2 using SDSE without any latency issues.

It could be interesting to really look on the problem on the actual ride and hihat SDSE sound and see what is wrong here.

Best regards

Anders / www.Zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Sibblon

Yeah maybe you are right, it's a little too rushy;  but certainly I'm absolutely not disqualifying nobody,  I definitely love what Lustar's software allows us to do, I'm just getting tired to get bad results at the end cause actually I'm not talking about eq settings that sounds bad inside the module,
dinamics issues, or some double trigger here and there cause that would be a bad setting's problem, instead of that we're experimented latency issues, and what is disappointed is that 2box claim for the import sounds option and at the end, well they cannot guarantee that imported kits performs as well as stock kits... So in your experience with imported sounds with AD2 you got no latency problems at all, cause like I said I use SSD5 cause I love how it sounds, but keeping tempo with foot chick and playing the ride cymbal simultaneously it's a nightmare because of latency, it's just unplayable

edcito

Anders, you're right with AD2 there's no latency at all, the kits sound great and play fantastic, it's with SD3, SSD5 and BFD3 that the 2box drumit 3 and 5 struggle, it's like the 2box hardware is been pushed to the limits, it's not about kit size either, Lustar and I among others tried different kit sizes and sample amount but even exporting a kit from Death And Darkness with only one sample it showed the same latency which had us all baffled...

edcito

You know what, I just made some tests again with my drumit 3 and my yamaha DTX 502 Pads, using the stock ATP 4GB card that came with it on the extender cable I put SSD5 kit "Cut YA", AD2 Studio Rock, SD3 Darkness "Arhus Abbys" and you know what, they all worked and sound perfectly well, just a tiny bit of stutter on the SSD5 snare but barely noticeable...

So yeah, maybe it's the damn SD Cards... I will try the same on the 32 micro sd card with adapter that I bought directly from 2box and report back...

edcito

Ok, I did the same test with the 32 microSD card that came with the drumit5 Mk2 module, the results are that there is some inherent latency specially on the snare and kick, this happens when doing fast pedal chicks as the OP mentioned, so yeah it seems the bigger the card the most latency there will naturally be, so your only option now is to use the 4GB ATP stock card or don't play fast chicks LoL

I wonder which cards come with the Mk2 module now? Still a microSD? I bought mine on release date but sold it long ago.

ANGR77

That's good input, edcito.

I am quite sure the MKII comes with a micro sd (hosted in a SD card adapter...the last 32 GB I bought from 2box for my card mod kits have this specs.

However, Then it seems like that something fishy here, I would just love to have a look into a dsnd file with problems from SD, SSD5 etc...and analyze it in more detail. Anybody up for sharing one? I will delete it after my tests.

Anders / www.Zourman.com

Sibblon

Such a good information Edcito but I forgot to mention that I actually was already using the stock ATP 4 gb sd card with SSD5 sounds inside and I got only three kits loaded within, cause I know 2box modules use the sd with a sort of DMA method, so I always prefer to use the ATP 4gb sd card for avoid problems but sadly it doesn't worked very well as I said. Anders if you want to check out the samples I can share them to you, I will load them on a file sharing site

ANGR77

Hi!

Somebody supplied me with a ride sample dsnd file with latency problems - so the investigation is initiated. :-)

Best regards

Anders  / www.Zourman.com

edcito

Quote from: Sibblon on December 03, 2020, 07:46:16 PM
Such a good information Edcito but I forgot to mention that I actually was already using the stock ATP 4 gb sd card with SSD5 sounds inside and I got only three kits loaded within, cause I know 2box modules use the sd with a sort of DMA method, so I always prefer to use the ATP 4gb sd card for avoid problems but sadly it doesn't worked very well as I said. Anders if you want to check out the samples I can share them to you, I will load them on a file sharing site
Well as I said I put the SSD5.5 kit "cut ya" on the atp card and I played fast chicks with ride kick and snare and it played flawlessly, the kit is around 1.1GB. So maybe it varies depending on the kit loaded

logihack

Is there any difference if you putt just one kit on sd card?

edcito

Quote from: logihack on December 06, 2020, 10:04:12 AM
Is there any difference if you putt just one kit on sd card?
Nope, tried that with the atp 4gb card, only one kit loaded, still the same...