News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Jamulus, open source jam software

Started by Murgen, November 28, 2020, 02:13:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murgen

A friend of mine (dutch 2box drummers know him by the handle Animal) finally pursued me to install Jamulus.Tomorrow I run my first real test and a friend of mine playing guitar promised to hook up during the Christmas Holidays.

My 2Box5 MkI and Gen16 module are connected to a A&H ZED10FX and the USB perfectly works on my MacBook. Time to drum online :)

Anyone else interested? I can help you.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

ANGR77

Nice - I must have a look on the Jamulus app...I have tried the Jamkazam app and that worked very good on my PC and Mac.

Best regards

Anders / www.Zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

ANGR77

I got scared when trying to install the Jamulus app...there where red warnings everywhere of unsafe software, the license agreement was from 1991...(probably and old open source agreement) on my W10 system.

No - too many warnings to be healthy to install - aborted!

Best regards

Anders / www.Zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Murgen

I run it on a macbook, prolly more secure then windows. On drum-forum.nl Animal might be able to help you.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

tsss27

Jamulus is location-dependent. I use online jam software to play with people I could not play with in person due to distance, as around here we are not locked down or anything like that so local in-person playing is still possible. For that reason, I prefer to use Ninjam even though it is older tech...for drums in particular it works better as there is not the same feel of latency that you can get from Jamulus due to how it works. Jamulus is actually more realtime, but if you wish to play with people across the ocean it is going to have a noticeable delay. For local jams, or even jams across smaller countries in Europe where people are generally closer together, Jamulus can work amazingly well however. So it all depends on the details...

Also for security...Ninjam is built into Reaper, so you don't have to worry about any risks with that one. :)