News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

2box HiHat

Started by Itsme710, October 28, 2020, 10:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itsme710

I read a lot that people hate the drumit 5 hi hat, now not being an acoustic drummer and having started my drumming with edrums and only ever played acoustics four or five times i find no problem at all with it and actually rate it as equal to my VH11. I find it no problem at all even using FD type pedals .what do those who hate it dislike about it ????

welshsteve

I think it was more to do with the old drumit5 proprietary hat system. It was okay, and has certainly improved with more recent OS updates, but the original system was found lacking compared with the competition.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Itsme710

I like the stock hat fine , so much so i bought a spare, i have a zourman vh11 box as well to run that on the module too, i find the the vh 11 marginally better only due to the firmer playing surface but other than that i love the original hats

docadiddle2

Can I check which hihat you mean? I had the DI5 Mk1 with the DI5 hihat and was underwhelmed, felt heavy and open-close was not brill.

I've now got a DI5 Mk2 with a Speedlight hihat and absolutely love it. It's only single zone and I know welshsteve has discussed that before on here and he prefers 2 zone but I can live with it. It's a great size, lovely playing surface, feels fab and isn't orange underneath! When you're just doing a quick 'open-close' it works really well and sounds fantastic. If you're doing a slow opening it seems to have fairly abrupt transitions between a relatively small number of stages of openness and I can't really understand why this is. Anyhow, I don't use this too often. In short, well pleased.

Itsme710

Ive got two of the MK1 hi hats , love em no problem with them as long as they are set up correct on a the Five MK1 module, I would say my VH 11 is marginally better only because of it having firmer rubber . I Use the Zourman box on my Drumit5 for my VH11

logihack

i have vh11 now. For me its much better, than stock 2box mk1 hihat. I like the rebound of vh11 and its much quieter i think. But with both of them, i have hard times when playing with just a little bit open hats. Its hard to keep my foot so precise in that position. Any solution?

Itsme710

Its something you get used to but then ive only ever really played electronic drums for the last 17 years, started playing on them so its just a natural thing, think thats why i like the 2box hats so much,