News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Triggering 3 zone snare samples with Keith Raper Circuit

Started by ANGR77, November 22, 2020, 05:55:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ANGR77

Hi! Just for fun..and I think my old post disappeared about this...to speed up the discussion on this forum:

I have with Keith's approval made two test designs based on KRC (Keith Raper Circuit) - but I newer launched them officially. One single circuit implementation and one dual.

In my example below - (KRCs on steroids) I have made them for 2box DrumIt Three and Five MKII which have support for Yamaha 3 zone triggers on the inputs. (Snare input) - in this dual implementation (shown in the video below)...I am feeding a dual KRC with 3 piezo signals(Dual piezos generated from RT-10S and one piezo from BT-1)...and convert 2 of them to switch type of signal.

Works ok for my purposes...I am currently working on a implementation 2 of these boxes with some new technology...we will see if I succeed!

https://youtu.be/OS2ZMNf_EDA

This implementation is demonstrated using 101Drums 3 zone snare sample for 2box. 101Drums snares is a Swedish brand...which is building snares on composite materials which gives you a very good tone. I just saw...even mr Ian Paice got one...

Best regards

Anders / www.Zourman.com / Great hh & ride conversions, samples and card mods.

Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

welshsteve

Excellent work Anders!!!

Chaps, this is a great way to implement the rim-click (or whatever sound you can customise in the editor) using the Yamaha 3 zone system, one cable to snare input. Using the standard center and rim (ala Roland) will give you head and rimshots, head and rim clicks, but getting all 3 required some velocity switching. In essence, still two zones but the rim sounds would be rim click up until a given point then would be rimshot. I tried this way with some success but I had to think hard about not rim shotting too quietely or rim clicking too hard.

I opted to use a Yamaha pad so there wasn't any issue with playing.

FYI... the TP120SD (the MUCH cheaper version you'll find) worked better than the way more expensive XP120SD pad. Though didn't feel quite as nice to play, the TP120SD was a great feeling pad and worked best with the 2box.

But if you wanna keep your mesh pad/snare and use a BT1 or similar for rim-clicks, this is the way!
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Sabian63

Love this solution and looking forward to seeing it go into production. Would definitely save me a slot on the back of the module (I wish 2box would release a module with a few more inputs and outputs)

I take it it can be used to amalgamate a piezo-piezo trigger and a Roland BT1 Piezo/Switch Trigger bar into a single Yamaha style 3 zone trigger input?

Chris