News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Ride latency while using pedal foot control

Started by Sibblon, December 02, 2020, 08:38:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibblon

I tried that Yesterday too , i loaded Just One kit with ATP 4gb and layency still there

welshsteve

This was the reason I had two modules. I never got to the bottom of the latency issue when playing quick pedal hats mixed with ghosts and syncopated ride patterns. If I recall, the latency I found affected the snare most noticeably. It was way more pronounced when on a stage with a bass amp near, on the occasions he was on the other side of the stage (or wasn't on the gig and we use tracked bass) I never had the issue, at least to a noticeable amount.

Having two modules, one for drums, one for cymbals, cured that... never had the issue again. I would have thought they would have cured this with the Mk2 mod.

My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

edcito

Quote from: welshsteve on December 07, 2020, 12:09:15 AM
This was the reason I had two modules. I never got to the bottom of the latency issue when playing quick pedal hats mixed with ghosts and syncopated ride patterns. If I recall, the latency I found affected the snare most noticeably. It was way more pronounced when on a stage with a bass amp near, on the occasions he was on the other side of the stage (or wasn't on the gig and we use tracked bass) I never had the issue, at least to a noticeable amount.

Having two modules, one for drums, one for cymbals, cured that... never had the issue again. I would have thought they would have cured this with the Mk2 mod.

This was introduced with the 1.34.1 software and the XTLK feature, I remember the previous 1.32.4 didn't show this annoyance but this version has the "always open hihat" when changing kits, which is a minor issue and if you can live with it I recommend all of you to downgrade to 1.32.4 so you can get rid of this latency.

edcito

QuoteI would have thought they would have cured this with the Mk2 mod.
Which mod do you mean? or do you mean the mk2 module? if so, there is the same latency with the drumit5 mk2 module with the sd card slot, so I think it's more a software issue with the XTALK settings than a SD card/hardware issue.

welshsteve

Mod should have come out as "module" Perhaps it is software related, or even card related. I just know when I was gigging with the 2box system (from about 2012-2018) the latency when playing 8th noted pedal hats, syncopated ride patterns, ghost notes and busy kick patterns combined, was something that was an issue. It took a 2nd module for it to never happen again.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Drummer70

Hello volks. Sorry, my english is not so well. But I struguled with the same problems. Even an easy tom-groove drove me insane, every time i hit the snare (Rim-shot). There was so damed much  latency. Even my Band members remarked it. After Hours I found the solution. It has nothing to do with downloaded sounds or something like that. It's the difference between "Hold" and "Decay". If you play the sounds with decay (eternety), the dsp will quit the job and produces latency. Every hit or stroke you play, has to sound as long as possible. That's not realistic, because when you hit (for example) the floor tom once, you will hear the sound go on and on. but in reality, if hit the floor tom twice, you will also here only the second hit and not combined with the first stroke thats still going on in the background. So, push up Hold up to 10 and decrease the decay. You will still hear the last hit sounding a long time, but there will be no latencay anymore. Even the cymbals sound much better now, especialy the ride. the same effect: in realitiy, you will also only hear the last hit (on every Zone) for a long time. But when you hit the bow, you can't hear the sound after hitting the edge, that's natural. Try it out and let me know, if it was helpful.

ANGR77

Hi!

I tried Drummer70 advise on a couple of SDSE exported sounds that I got from EDCITO. (Hihat and ride)
I started with the Recording Birch kit existing on MKII and the changed the hi-hat and ride to the ones I got  from edcito. Then when playing...I get big latency when involving tom rolls...and fast goes back to the snare and at the same time keep the hihat pedal rolling and also using the ride. 

The received sounds from edcito are real big in size - about 250 MB each(no factory sounds are bigger then 140 MB) ...but this should not be a problem with long and big samples according to safe sources.

So trying what Drummer70 says - by going though each sound of the whole kit on the "ENV" page by setting each drum to HOLD .015 and DECAY to 10...the latency disappear immediately. But setting the HOLD to 10 on the hihat as suggested by Drummer70 - will start to impact the hi-hat chick sound too much. (Open sound will be heard)

So there seems to be some truth in what Drummer70 says...and the playability on 2box gets real nice when doing these changes. Test for yourselves!

Best regards

Anders / www.Zourman.com / Great Gears For 2box!
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com