News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Connecting to the PC with the 32gb mod?

Started by Dobly, November 01, 2020, 01:23:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dobly

A few years ago when I got my Drumit3 the late great Jman sold me 32gb upgrade for my Drumit3 module.

The gotcha with that upgrade was that I could no longer plug my module into my PC to edit the SD card. I have to remove the SD card to work on it and them put it back.

Well, a couple had years have gone by and I am just wondering if this issue has be resolved? Has there been a patch or software upgrade to allow the D3 to connect to PC with the 32gb mod? If not, is this possible?

ANGR77

No, this have not changed. You can't use the usb port when dealing with SD cards above 4 GB, However it is not much to long for anyway. The USB implementation on all Drumits is version 1...and extremely slow...moving sound-files of 100-200 Mb takes forever, to use it you needed to boot up the module in a special USB mode and the USB port didn't handle midi at all...

So having a card mod is probably the best solution.

Best regards

Anders / http://www.zourman.com / Hihat & ride conversions, samples, 32GB card mods, e-sticks for 2box.
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

logihack

i didn't intend to do card mod on my new drumit3 module. But as it was said, the usb1 is soooooooo slow and that forced me to to card mod.
And its even easier for me to work with sd card instead of module. Dont need to unplug all pads, etc.

ANGR77

:-)

With the https://www.lustark.com/drumit-manager from Lustark installed on your PC, you get a great overview of all kitbanks/sounds and if things are workings correctly, before saving it back to the SD card.

Best Regards

Anders / www.zourman.com 
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Deve Loper

"You can't use the usb port when dealing with SD cards above 4 GB, However it is not much to long for anyway. The USB implementation on all Drumits is version 1...and extremely slow...moving sound-files of 100-200 Mb takes forever, to use it you needed to boot up the module in a special USB mode and the USB port didn't handle midi at all..."

True... but it was 10 years ago, and still no other module has that convenience: plug in your module and drag-n-drop your sound files. Of course today it should be usb 2.0 (480 Mbps).

Also, there is no 4 GB limit on USB 1.1 (as sometimes stated), it was just the internal implementation, as the card was built in anyway.

Zaba, Deve.

Slamstick

That is not the case with the new version Drumit5 MK2, Correct?

ANGR77

Quote from: Deve Loper on November 01, 2020, 03:45:32 PM

True... but it was 10 years ago, and still no other module has that convenience: plug in your module and drag-n-drop your sound files. Of course today it should be usb 2.0 (480 Mbps).

Also, there is no 4 GB limit on USB 1.1 (as sometimes stated), it was just the internal implementation, as the card was built in anyway.

Zaba, Deve.

Hi Deve - you are always right! :-)

Quote from: Stoked2 on November 01, 2020, 11:40:55 PM
That is not the case with the new version Drumit5 MK2, Correct?

If you look carefully on your MKII - the USB connector is gone...so the only way to get the files on to your module is to take out the SD card.

Anders / www.Zourman.com

Dobly

Great answers to this everyone.. Good to know that taking the card out and mounting it on PC is the best way.

I have Lustark's Drumit Manger. Not sure i could live without it.. If you don't have it, get it. It is awesome.

ANGR77

Quote from: Dobly on November 02, 2020, 06:09:02 AM
Great answers to this everyone.. Good to know that taking the card out and mounting it on PC is the best way.

I have Lustark's Drumit Manger. Not sure i could live without it.. If you don't have it, get it. It is awesome.

Totally agree on that one! DrumIt Manager which includes both the dkit manager and dsound manager is a must have for a 2box user!

Best regards

Anders / www.Zourman.com