Author Topic: DrumIt5 MKII with 64gb Cards  (Read 4029 times)

halftime

• View Profile
Re: DrumIt5 MKII with 64gb Cards
« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2021, 03:18:33 PM »
Thanks Karbonfaiba, I'll send you a PM.

ANGR77

• 2Box DrumIt Five MKI, MKII and Three owner
    • View Profile
    • Zourman.com
« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2021, 03:29:11 PM »
Great to see new activity on this matter. I don’t think it is unsolvable...the system works great in many scenarios- but these Toontrack exports seems to create something special. As said a good look on the Hihat sounds and Ride is a good start to try finding the error.

Something that have not been tested is to go back to OS 1.22...on the original Drumit Five and try these SDSE exported sounds to see if any lag/latency is produced.

Best regards

Anders / www.Zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box(SDSE) Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.co

Karbonfaiba

• Analysis Paralysis!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2021, 04:08:00 PM »
Yeah a big part of the problem is a lot of the diagnosis has been guesswork, trail and error.

From my testing with halftime, we've improved things somewhat by reducing the input polling (in theory). But it's still very much a fine balancing act with 2box, as it is with Megadrum or eDRUMin. If you have one thing out of bounds, the system halts while the queue of commands is processed. I think triggering issues play an equal part to issues with the memory card.

I hope the next 2box has more headroom for error. The thresholds are very narrow currently. Just playing on the unit screen for example is enough to cause a queue. Once everything that causes a queue is resolved, then you have your perfect drum module.

halftime

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2021, 03:43:32 PM »
Yeah, with Karbonfaiba's assistance I got some improvement by setting Mask = 3 on all pads. The glitching now appears mostly when I play a beat with both the ride and the hi-hat involved. If I leave either one out, the latency is barely noticeable.

It does seem like it has to do with the trigger settings after all, but I don't really know what more I can do because all my gains & thresholds are quite moderate IMO and I only use a bit of XTalk/X-Trg on the toms. It's the same if I unplug everything except bass, snare, hi-hat and ride. Maybe one of those pads has something faulty that's sending extra trigger data, I don't know.

I totally agree with Karbonfaiba, hopefully the next generation of 2Box (if they ever get there) is a bit more forgiving.

ANGR77

• 2Box DrumIt Five MKI, MKII and Three owner
    • View Profile
    • Zourman.com
« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2021, 04:08:51 PM »
Aha.

Some improvements. Halftime, What kind of triggers do you use? (I can’t see any of this info in the thread - Just as reference for this post).

I think I can recall an issue from the past - have maybe nothing to do with this issue but I would like to mention it any way...I was once using a Cymbal without any edge trigger...but the settings in 2box was set to a Piezo/Switch implementation ...and the result was just some fantastic latency...and glitches...

A future forgiving 2box...or a new OS? We just need to nail the problem! :-)

Best regards

Anders / www.Zourman.com
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 10:15:07 PM by ANGR77 »
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box(SDSE) Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.co

halftime

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 03, 2021, 05:01:15 PM »
Some improvements. Halftime, What kind of triggers do you use? (I can’t see any of this info in the thread - Just as reference for this post).

I think I can recall an issue from the past - have maybe nothing to do with this issue but I would like to mention it any way...I was once using a Cymbal without any edge trigger...but the settings in 2box was set to a Piezo/Switch implementation ...and the result was just some fantastic latency...and glitches...

It's all Roland at the moment. KD-85, PDX-12, 2xPD-85, PD-105, VH-10, CY-15R, CY-12R/C, CY-8 + CY-5. I have seen your comment before about invalid trigger type selection causing issues and have tried to select the correct trigger types for each pad, but of course I could have missed something. The types for the minimum set of pads that I tried (bass, snare, HH, ride) are Kick1, PadPP, HiHat and CyPSB respectively.