News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

DrumIt5 MKII with 64gb Cards

Started by tsss27, October 30, 2020, 11:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jojo34

edcito thats good to do with that image but should not be the cause of latency try another card also 32GB if available.
i sometimes have stops or latence issues if i made changes in the module while playing and didnt save the changes   or if i am still in for example   in calibration mode on hihat or if i  activated a drum channel by pressing it and change the sounds  and play while not saving the kit or the unit changes i made.
but very rar i get that
when pressed save the changes  no issues at all after.
i have 2   64 gb cards running like charme (discribed on earlier post)
all my 32 gb  cards no issues
do you have the latest firmware on it

Dobly

Standing on the shoulders of giants, in the case Jogo34.. I got two new 64gb sd cards working in my Drumit3 this morning. Super cool.

jojo34

Hey Dobly amazing that it works for you thank you for resonance
could you tell us which cards are working for you
even i guess even all of these cards work
just try to get fast ones

ANGR77

I get the feeling that these bigger cards seems to be more forgiving and less sensitive for the latency problems, glitches and hiccups. My 64 Gb cards seems to work fantastic.

Best regards

Anders / www.Zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Itsme710

Although i will most likely never fill 64gb with dsnd files but would with drumless wav tracks to play along and practice to I had to try it. I had about 1 hour on it today playing wav files as well with no noticeable latency issues. 👍 Drumit5 MKI.

Dobly

jojo34.. I am using the SanDisk Ultra 100MB/s XC 10.

Karbonfaiba

Well I tried to get my MicroSD 64GB Samsung EVO Plus working in 2box. Even with my IT expertise I wasn't able to crack the formatting problem after a couple of hours, stopping short of making a Linux bootdisk. So I cloned the original using MiniTool as recommended. Easy, extended to 64GB, works, but inefficient.

Surprisingly while I was testing, one of the default snares on the original MicroSD cracked up really badly. Alarming that my MKII had an audio anomaly that early - I hope it isn't a problem.

The original 2box MicroSD beats the Samsung by about 0.4ms less on average read access - so I am still looking to procure a better 64GB card.

Best bet I found is an WD IX QD334 Industrial microSD 64GB SLC however it has proactive error checking so it could cost some latency. Difficult to discern details at this technical level without sending a few emails.

Worth a punt at £92?  8) It's not that bad considering the higher seq write speed SLCs go for £500+

Most other manufacturers I've researched cap their SLC line ups at 32GB unfortunately.

ANGR77

Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Karbonfaiba

So I discovered what the audio anomaly is; my speakers peak protection kicking in!  ::)

Funny story, I somehow managed to play just below the threshold that it would only cut out when I thought the module was overloaded - of course, it was just loud enough to happen playing 5 stroke tom rolls.

Secondly, due to an incompatibly with my subwoofer (which I am resolving) I hooked up these balanced speakers directly to 2box. Since they were crossed over at 80hz previously - the problem never occurred before!

So I'm putting that new 64GB SLC card on hold since my Samsung EVO 64GB seems to work flawlessly, at least till it comes down in price.

jojo34

hey Karbon cool to hear it works
as i often mentioned i am convinced it works with nearely every 64GB card with adequate speed no need of expansive cards
haves fun with 64GB )

halftime

Are there any new discoveries about other card specifications besides the size? At some point the consensus seemed to be that the read speed should be no more than 80-90 MB/s, but obviously that information is dated now because at least Anders is successfully using a faster card.

I'm experiencing some minor latency with a SD2 kit using a 32 GB SanDisk Ultra 90 MB/s SDHC card (see this thread). I'm planning to try a 64 GB SanDisk Extreme 150 MB/s SDXC that I spotted at a local supermarket to see if it works better.

ANGR77

My 64 gb card is a sandisk extreme 120mb/s...and have been working fantastic.

It looks like these bigger cards are more forgiving in terms of latency etc to what we have been used to in the past.(but this of course just feeling - not any science behind )

https://www.2box-forum.com/index.php?topic=4865.msg30989#msg30989

Best regards

Anders  / www.Zourman.com

halftime

Well, I got the 64 GB SanDisk Extreme that I mentioned earlier and got it working on my DrumIt 3 with the steps described by jojo34, but unfortunately the latency issue is still there. Might be a bit off topic at this point, so I think I'll continue elsewhere.

jojo34

Hey Halftime,
how do you recieve the sound  ? directly from the module in Headphone  so no noise canceling or bluetoth or smth like that some headphone have processing inside makes the sound comming late
same on output  of module if some device is inbetween or a PC without interface causes latency i use like this with interface and asio drivers
if you experience the latency only by use normal headphone on the module itself   i remember if the modue is in status of unsaved kit or setting mostly if a pad is activated to give it a new sound  then i have some latency as long as i dont save the changes ... after saving and maybe also reboot the module all works fine    btw i also have SanDisk  card running extreme pro

halftime

Hi jojo34,

I'm using just the module with normal wired headphones and I'm making sure I'm in the basic kit view when playing.

We've been trying to figure this thing out with Lustar but so far it's still a bit of a mystery. I have no problems playing kits consisting of 2Box samples, but this kit exported from Superior Drummer 2 is causing latency even though it's not any bigger than the 2Box kits. Setting decay to less than infinite does not help. Lustar's best guess so far has been that it's the SD card, but we have also been wondering if this might be somehow related to hi-hat settings because Lustar's test kit where the hi-hat bow sound was removed seemed to perform better. The investigation continues.