News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Increase foot chick volume sdse

Started by Sibblon, October 02, 2020, 06:29:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibblon

Hi pals, I was wondering if you guys know how to increase the foot chick volume, I'm using exported sounds from ezdrummer 2 on DI3, but the volume of the foot chick exported sound is really low, so I would like to increase it if it's possible

Lustar

Hi,
It can be tricky for the foot chick because .dsnd files don't contain a foot chick zone, it's produced by the module using sounds from the available zones in the .dsnd. So it can be done if you increase the right zone. With some VSTs like SD3 I would just increase the volume of the zone in the VST before exporting, but it doesn't look like it's possible in ezdrummer 2. When exporting with SDSE the volume is maximized and it keeps the volume difference between the zones so adjusting from the VST is usually the way to go. It can be changed to maximize all zones if needed, if you prefer to adjust the volumes later. To adjust the volumes after the export you can use DSoundTool or DSound Manager: open any .dsnd with DSoundTool or DSound Manager (double click on the .dsnd file in the explorer if you have DrumIt Manager installed), increase the volume of the zone, save as a new .dsnd. DSound Manager can also adjust the balance and pitch of individual zones.