News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Gear Drum 3 cone side trigger with 2box module?

Started by Slamstick, October 13, 2020, 12:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slamstick

Anybody here using the GearDrum 3 cone side trigger system with 2 box?

ANGR77

Looks cool on their site - http://www.geardrum.it - no, i have not tried them...they claim that they support 2box...but how hard can that be? :-)

The side mounted is called Gear Drum SMD. Luke at eDrum Workshop has done a review of the more advanced 3CS model.

Best Regards

Anders / www.Zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

welshsteve

Looks really well engineered. Other than the housing, it's still a foam cone and a piezo, so not a revolutionary design. Not that I want to downplay it, only pointing out that it's nigh on the same as many other triggers. Or am missing something?
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

ANGR77

Do you currently use them or have plans to buy them Mr Stoked2?

Best regards

Anders / www.Zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Slamstick

Actually not sure yet  . I was asking if any of you were using it and how you like it with geardrum 3 cones with the 2 box 5 mk2. I have a Stealth Ism 6 on one snare, a halo trigger on another and thinking about gear drum for a side snare I will be triggering again

ANGR77

Aha,

Sorry I did not read the original post too carefully- it is the 3CS model you are interested in...I only saw the "side mounted trigger" text...not the "3".

I think the question is if the 3SC model works on MK2...can only be answered by GearDrum...But I am guessing the ISM-6 works fine on all 2box modules...and if the 3CS have a similar construction and is connected in a similar way as the ISM-6...then it should work fine.

Best regards

Anders / www.Zourman.com

Slamstick

I read Luke's review and he claimed with one module( I don't remember which one) there was some inconsistent triggering. Anders,   I will check with Gear Drum as far as how well it triggers with the 2 Box Module. Trouble is that Gear Drum will surely say it is compatible if it triggers at all which it will . I want to hear from an impartial party who can tell me HOW ACCURATELY it triggers! Anybody?