News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Forum Funeral or Cremation?

Started by Slamstick, October 05, 2020, 09:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

docadiddle2

Hi all. Personally speaking I agree with the points already made:

1- no gigging
2- new stuff brings chatter
3- forum maybe not well known
4- migration to other tech
5- happy users, no need to cha
6- forum down time was frustrating, people can move on and forget (no criticism to the managers whatsoever by the way, thanks for all you do)

People not coming back to their own post is rude and I certainly hope I'm not one. I do have a question though, see new post!

Murgen

If people are interested I can make and run a Discord server for 2Box ... It means you will have to create a Discord account (free) and the discord app runs on Windows, Macos, Linux, Android and IOS. It works with channels, supports voip and video and a good person like Lustar could even run a livestream showing his software.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

Slamstick

welshsteve

Quote from: Murgen on November 18, 2020, 03:00:00 PM
If people are interested I can make and run a Discord server for 2Box ... It means you will have to create a Discord account (free) and the discord app runs on Windows, Macos, Linux, Android and IOS. It works with channels, supports voip and video and a good person like Lustar could even run a livestream showing his software.

That sounds like a great idea!
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Murgen

I think they did a great job with this forum and will contact the admin to ask him, I do not want to do it without his knowledge.
--------

Slamstick

I know also that they did and do a fantastic job with this forum. I really miss my friend Jman. When I log in amd see him listed as a moderator here, it makes me realize how much of a presence he was here and in the Electronic Drumming World!

welshsteve

Absolutely... I think about him everytime I log in. Such a HUGE loss to the whole edrum world. We could use a few more like him!

Murgen

JMan was a friendly (drum) giant. With his heart and soul in e-drums. He is sorely missed. Every day. We only chatted here about his work and conversions, I used to be a big guy too and had a severe  heart attack on Valentines Day 2014. Makes you think. I feel so sorry he did not made it. :(
--------

gabo2

Another reason might be the same as the problem I had.

I was a long time user here, even still have posts in the ddrum4 section. But, maybe during one of the crashes/problems, apparently my account got screwed up. I could not log in, could not get it to send me a password/account update email. When I tried to create a new userid, it would never send an email. I'm actually the admin of the email server, not only was the email not in the spam folders, but my server actually never got an email.

Today, I finally decided that I wanted an account here, went and set up a gmail account and then added another new account and finally got in.

Not too many people would go to that trouble to get logged in, they would just move on. Which is what I did for quite a while, even though I still came here once in a while to read messages as a non-user.

gabo

welshsteve

That could be a big reason why it went very quiet for a while at least, it seems to have a bit more chatter of late, which is great. Hope it gets back to how it was one day, was always a great place to come and see what's happening. And yeah, well done for the effort you went to get back on, I would assume most would have like you say, moved on.

gabo2

Yea, hopefully it gets some activity back.

I have a drumit5 MK2 and use SDSE and addictive drums. Also have a few custom recorded kits as I also have many acoustics and do a fair amount of studio work.

Having access to all the experts here is a great value for me. So hopefully it stays alive!

gabo

edcito

I was surprised to see a new mod, he came out of nowhere...

Slamstick

What new mod? Did I miss something. Been traveling

Murgen

Quote from: Stoked2 on October 07, 2020, 02:05:14 PM
Edcito , you and Anders and one of two others including me are the only ones posting now. But some have moved on to Mimic,  Roland and Strike and others are probably set up with their 2 Box kits or modules and happy just playing I guess, lol!

I'm still here but very busy with work, play my 2box on a regular basis. Will post an update soon.
--------

Deve Loper

Hi Murgen.
"2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012"
That's for sure back to the future after the past became the prequel to nowadays! :-)