News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Forum Funeral or Cremation?

Started by Slamstick, October 05, 2020, 09:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slamstick

Are we going to have a funeral or just a cremation for our DEAD Forum? What happened here? Everybody jumped ship when we went down hard the last time? I have been a member here for about 8 years under 2 different user names. Stoked2 and Hemiboy1. We always had a lot of interesting posts with great questions and answers, kit pics, tech advise, etc. Now,  one can go days without seeing a new post! Hope we can get this going again because as of right now,  this forum is BORING!!!

ANGR77

Hmm...yes the dialogue could have been more active...but there have been technical problems with the platform...I lost some trust when we lost about three months of discussion in June..when a older backup had to be restored after a hacker attack.

These attacks seems to continue...the last generated 200 000 new accounts...hard to maintain according to our admin "UC".

But a good forum is created by its users - so we can make it good again.

Best regards

Anders / www.Zourman.com - Great Stuff for 2box!
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Pascaldc

Well, it seems like the boards are mostly active when theres something new coming up... and as it doesnt seem to be the case... For my part, i have sold my original 2box kit and now wondering what my next move will be... if i buy a drumit 3 or 5 or if i go another way like eDRUMin. So im looking around on other forums and facebook page too. I reply here when i can help with some input.. but most of the time questions are about system i havent tried so

Slamstick

I think a lot of guys have moved on to straight  vst's,  edrumin and a few to other modules, Mimic , Td 50,  alesis strike pro etc. I dont gig. Just a home hobbier, so the Mimic to me is too much of an expense for me,   not making money playing . Anyway good to hear you are still around

Pascaldc

Yeah the mimic and the td50 are too expensive for me and i would still use Vst with the td50... As for giging the few gigs i do have a backl8ne or i use my A kit from my rehearsal room wich is a Tama B/B. For home and recording. I guess the 2box helped me enter the path of using vst and midi. I trally liked my 2box original, but my new with kit will be A2e just havent chose the module yet. Making the move to eDRUMin seems like a big leap to me as i already know how the 2box works

Lustar

This is an unofficial forum, as Anders said it's what we make of it... We should be glad that UC has maintained it for over 10 years, and that he could restore it.
Like Pascaldc I try to help when I know the answer to questions (if anyone has questions about SDSE or DrumIt Manager, I'm your guy!).

About people moving on it's possible but who knows, 2box users might just be enjoying their DrumIt: less messages but happier users? :)

As for the latest news, if anyone missed it there was a major update to DrumIt Manager recently with new features, and there will be another update very soon: here

welshsteve

I no longer have a drumit unit, but I regularly stop by and check the chatter, help out with discussion if I can or whatever. I'll do my part to keep it going, I do miss my drumit unit though. Just doesn't seem necessary while I am not gigging. I have the mimic at home, and I took a plunge and got an edrumin10...

The only problem is, it seems to have been lost in the post... so I never got it. They seem like decent chaps and respond to queries really quick. Gonna try going to my post office to see if its lying there unclaimed or whatever, but that's a clutch at straws. The saga continues.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Slamstick

Steve . Good to hear from you. A lot of guys who gig went to Mimic and even some who dont. I never owned the 2 box kit  itself . Just the old 2 box 5 module. I had several Roland kits  and modules which are long gone now and I  I bought the new 2 Box Module. . It was actually uneccesary as I had jmans 32 gig con ersion and his hi hat adapter. I just got sick of looking at orange lol. I actually like the stock sounds of the original module better than the new one. Bjt I mostly use vst's a d nust bought Slate 5.5 and addictive drums. Superior 3 next. Anyway how  awesome is the Mimic? Jman( rest in peace) loved it and also how is  edrum in?

welshsteve

The mimic is pretty awesome. But, I do miss the freedom of having the ability to have any sound, multi sample or not loaded in. For a period I had both, a drumit3 and the mimic, and just to check, I compared the audio with some SSD5 samples that I ripped to dsdn sounds on the drumit3 and what's in the Mimic as part of the instrument library. There were some differences, but I am talking about the eq and ambience levels, but the general gist was the same. And the differences were small. So yeah the mimic is awesome, the 2box platform is also awesome. I appreciate the differences and the strengths in both.

welshsteve

As for the edrumin, that I cannot answer yet as it's not arrived. It's been over a month and I have strong feeling that it's gone missing.

Gonna try going to the main post office here, just to check (as this was recommended by Audiofront) but I haven't had any email, notifications or a simple card through the door to say they've attempted delivery.

edcito

for me it's not fun anymore to reply to posts to which the original poster don't reply anymore, I gladly smite them :-)

ANGR77

Quote from: edcito on October 07, 2020, 08:22:44 AM
for me it's not fun anymore to reply to posts to which the original poster don't reply anymore, I gladly smite them :-)

Agreed!

Best Regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Slamstick

Edcito , you and Anders and one of two others including me are the only ones posting now. But some have moved on to Mimic,  Roland and Strike and others are probably set up with their 2 Box kits or modules and happy just playing I guess, lol!

welshsteve

I think it should be noted that it's my feeling that new users are not aware of this forum. I have been in contact with several new guys from my comments on facebook and mentioned this forum and they're are quite unaware. That could be a factor too.

Slamstick

Welsh Steve. Great point! We gotta advertise, lol!