News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Stock sounds- Original 2Box drumit 5 vs. New 2 Box Drumit5 Mk2?

Started by Slamstick, October 01, 2020, 01:13:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slamstick

Still have my original 2Box Module and just bought the new version on a whim. How about you guys. Anybody out there who has owned both? Curious what y'all think are better sounds? I gotta say,  I like the stock sounds in the original version better. As a matter of fact I am trying to figure out why I bought the new version to begin with. The card slot is finicky and the words snare, kick, hi hat, etc.on the module face don't  light up on the new version! I got a clip on light to use to shine on them  but a  stupid design really! I will keep the new module and get the old sounds on a card as I will be using mainly vst's!

Itsme710

I still use old drumit 5 and have all the new sounds as well as old on my 32gig card, only the the 3zone snares cause problems

welshsteve

That is the beauty of the 2box system, is that old sounds and new sounds are compatible with any of the modules. The MK2 really is only an improvement with the sd slot addition and the triggering capabilities.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Deve Loper

Nice to know that the original  DrumIt 5 still holds its ground...

tsss27

Quote from: Deve Loper on October 29, 2020, 09:25:04 PM
Nice to know that the original  DrumIt 5 still holds its ground...

A friend recently just got the original full DI5 kit with the older module and it works perfectly. The sounds were all replaced with 3rd party content, but the unit still works like new!

Slamstick

I have the new Drumit 5 MK2 Module and for now I will keep my old 2 box module with the 32 gig conversion
Who knows down the road maybe something new comes out from 2 box or somebody else and  I will sell them both. The old module is perfect, just had the itch to buy something and I dont need to spend the Mimic type of money for my home kit

welshsteve

I have the mimic, and it's serious beast. But that said, prior to that I had 2 x dit3 modules before that and I was well happy! They sounded brilliant and played great! I had double inputs, 12 outputs and both cost half the mimic.

I would have kept one of the di3 for home, if it wasn't for NO GIGS, huge Tax and Van repair bill. Still have a lot of love for 2box and what they've been doing. Their brand seems to be picking up, which I am happy about because for years it seemed other than on here and the late great Jerry, on social media, few even mentioned them.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!