News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Cymbals!

Started by Mixmaster5, October 24, 2010, 12:05:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

puttenvr

Q: if the sounds are reversed, can't you just solder the cable-plug different and reverse tip and ring?
http://www.diyha.co.uk/electronics/stojack.html

beppedrum

I wanted to buy the splitter cable  to explore all possible permutations, or changes.
If I exchange the two mono inputs get the bell on the bow and lose my edge.
The choke is not there, already
But even within the onboard sounds of crash I can use only the Swiss and AZ  :(

I've seen this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTzMRV2wuck

this works great (as in Jman videos)

Cuban

Quote from: beppedrum on July 22, 2011, 12:36:32 PM
I bought a module 2box + hi-hat and I want to play with my kit Jobeky Smartrigger / Surge cymbals.
I have a china and a splash monotrigger that work well but the 3-zone cymbals and 2-zone cymbals do not work
Let me explain: the zones are reversed (bell instead of bow) and I don't have the choke
  Can anyone help me?
thanks
I don't have this problem with my Smartriggers.  ???
Sure they can be very sensitive, especially with some of the sound files, but I am playing live with mine and am very happy with how they work with the 2Box.
:rock:

On the ride, I only use the bow and to get the bell, I simply play harder to trigger it.
For the crash, I allocated the sounds the same and again, have a bell if I play harder.

I also have full choke option on the crash and can do swells on the crash.

Maybe mine are a different generation Smartrigger, but once I found the best dsnd files that worked fine, I use five Smartriggers in my current live set up and only get maybe 2-3 false triggers a show.

Playing away from the trigger (located on the underside) gives much better results, so have the trigger at maybe 3 or 9 o'clock as you look at the cymbal.

The Beta version of the new OS didn't work with my Smartriggers, so I reverted to the tested current OS.

You can hear them from my third rehearsal with this band. All are Smartriggers bar the hi-hats which are 2Box. The are some chokes in there also if I recall?  http://soundcloud.com/graham-collins/taylormade-medley

Sorry the recording sound is not great, it is just a dry monitor mix feed.  :-[

It would indeed be good to have them work like the video you posted, for sure they don't work like that, but hopefully that will come from somebody like Jman using a different triggering system?

I'm waiting to see what can be done with the Gen 16s.  ;)

I hope that helps you. :)

beppedrum

Thanks, Graham, for the fast answer (although you could not know, and 'why I'm a happy Edrumattic customer  8))

I tried removing all splitters  cables and to raise the sensitivity of the trigger
Now the choke is working, but the overall volume is lower. (but I have buyed one Presonus HP4 headphone amplifier)
With some sound does not work.
With DsoundTool zones can be reversed by software?
P.S. nice video!

Cuban

Quote from: beppedrum on July 22, 2011, 02:40:57 PM
Thanks, Graham, for the fast answer (although you could not know, and 'why I'm a happy Edrumattic customer  8))

I tried removing all splitters  cables and to raise the sensitivity of the trigger
Now the choke is working, but the overall volume is lower. (but I have buyed one Presonus HP4 headphone amplifier)
With some sound does not work.
With DsoundTool zones can be reversed by software?
P.S. nice video!

Are you Giuseppe in Italy?
If you are, of course, Darren asked me while I was away about my cymbals.
Thank you very much for using eDrum Attic.  8)

I'm glad to hear the choke works fine now, it is very good to use on the Smartrigger crash.

On the volumes, I assume you have manually adjusted the cymbal voulme for each pad in the module?
Some dsnd samples are much louder (or quieter) than others, so you do need to manually set your sound levels just as you would with acoustic cymbals and mics, if you follow me?

I am not aware if you can reverse the dsnd files in the module, I would doubt it, but perhaps others may know different?

Thanks again and I hope you can get the sounds sorted, mine really do work maybe 95% as well as I would like, but I did have to try all the dsnd files to see what worked and what didn't and then, I had to 'mix' the sounds to get the correct  balanced levels.

Now, as you can hear, it's working really well and using the 2Box live is really cool, it sounds so good FOH!
:rock:

If I can help more, just let me know or speak to Darren if I am away on tour.
:patbat2box:

beppedrum

Thanks for everything Graham
You, the Edrum-Attic, you are always so kind
Best wishes for your tour!
Giuseppe