News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Drone Halo Triggers and 2 Box Module

Started by Slamstick, September 03, 2020, 12:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slamstick

Hi Guys. I recently bought another snare and because our buddy Jman is gone,  I have decided to try a Drone Halo Trigger side mount system for one of my other snares.  I am looking for help with trigger parameters for this trigger system with our beloved 2 box module. If it matters I have the orange original Drumit 5 version  1module

welshsteve

i would reach out to mike (drone trigger) himself, he uses that module!
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

edcito

Slamstick

I already had a message  into Mike when I posted. He sent me some parameters and it is  not triggering right with his settings . It has to be something else. I Started experimenting with some adjustments here and there. It only triggers when you are right on or near the trigger . Head tension is fine, so I am  going to  raise the cone height . Originally put the cone heights  about one eighth  above bearing edge . Gonna go a little higher and see what happens. Plugged in my Jman ism 6 perfect and percect. So just ha e to figure this out. No biggie!

edcito

Well with the drum it 3 and 5 it worked excellent for me, try tightening up your head.

Slamstick

Edcito, I had already checked the head tension but thanks. I actually took another look at the cone height . Where I normally had them for my Stealth drum triggers apparently werent quite hi enough. I  raised the cone heights which is not the actual triggertriggers as the real trigger is one side mounts and the cones were just put in to keep the level of the head sitting on them uniform across the head. That in turn pressed down a little more on the actual trigger cone and we are good. Now I am getting correct triggering. Never thought the triggers were not good triggers, just figured they were new to me and I had to get an idea how they
Worked. My new snare  sounds great now! I am glad it was only  the cone height because I have always heard how grest these triggers are. Mike from Drone is a great guy and I have already sent some people his way! I remember him back to the original Kit Toys days

edcito

Yeah, he makes some nice stuff all around, I have halo triggers on all my drums. I changed my snare yesterday to a 3-ply head and I'm getting some misstriggering, especially edge hits triggering the rim, might need to check the cone height, I think mine was to low as well.

The trigger should be 1-2mm above the bearing edge and the ghost cones 4mm