News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Stereo track, mono click track

Started by welshsteve, August 18, 2020, 12:27:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

welshsteve

Asking for a friend, as I don't have the module (at the moment) to check if this can be done, so I am turning to you awesome folk.

So, what my friend wants is to fire a stereo track from a pad, wav or mp3 format, routed to a pair of outputs/headphone socket.

Simultaneously firing a mono click track of that song to a separate output (routed to headphone out or mono out to a headphone amp etc) but being triggered at the same time from the same pad.

As far as I know, it can be done on a piezo/piezo pad so long as the cross talk isn't canceling out one hit over the other. So whatever the trigger type would be for that. PadPP or something right? The triggering at the same time would done by assiging the click to say, the rim and the track to the pad and playing a rimshot.

Now, here's where I am sketchy.

Routing. Could you have the rim assigned to one out and the centre to another?

Note, use of on board metronome isn't really suitable incase there are tempo changes or time signatures. So the track/click would be pre-made on a DAW and mixed down prior to loading onto the Drumit5 mk2.

If this is possible, each kit could be simply called by the title of the tune and life will be good and I will have done my bit for a friend who's just figuring out the awesome sound of this module.

Thank you in advance.

My Hovercraft is full of Eels!