News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Where are you peeps?

Started by Slamstick, August 16, 2020, 10:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slamstick

Everytime I go on here nobody has posted anything at all. Did everybody jump ship after we went down last time? We still have a great module and we need to keep this forum going!  Say hello at least . V drum forum is packed . I only own 2 box since the td 30 so I csnt relate to most of the posts over there which are about 70 percent roland related. Some Mimic and Atv posts but I cant relate to them either. I know a few members here went with Mimic but I dont think everybody, right?

drumsonly2002

I check in 2 x per week but haven't offered much in posting. CV-19 stopped my gigs and work has taken all my time and energy. nonetheless I enjoy the forum, and do not have much interest in Roland as I  do not own any Roland modules. Have an interest in Mimic Pro but the price is way beyond my reach and enjoy my 2 Box sound.

Appreciate your post as I feel the same as you. This forum and 2 Box go hand in hand along with the excellent members. 

welshsteve

Hey there

Yeah I know what you mean. I chime in as often as I can with any help I can provide. Even though I currently don't own a 2box module. I WILL be getting a Mk2 quite soon though, still got the full library plus a load of custom loops/samples etc.

I think the forum going down twice can't have helped. Plus one of the admins passing away.

RIP Jman, your loss is felt far and wide.

My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

ANGR77

I can also agree that the last stop of the site...when it was down for 3-4 weeks was not good for this forum.

I have a discussion with the current Owner/Admin - and see if we can "secure" the future for the forum. There are however both job and some money involved to maintain it and keep it up to speed.

But - it is at least up and running...even if there are problems.

Best Regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Slamstick

Welshsteve, I too think about Jman who whas instrumental in forming this forum with the other admins. Even when most of his later interest was The Pearl Mimic and really enjoying playing again, he stayed current here and all the other forums. He also did a lot of business with 2 box owners as well as all of the other modules and kits with his triggers and 32 gig conversions and hi hat conv.

Itsme710

I stopped after the prove your not a robot fiasco lol. Just popped back and things seem back to normal .

edcito

I jumped ship, to a mimic pro, 2box drumit 5 mk2 just was old wine in new bottle, couldn't defeat latency with imported kits from SD3, death and darkness SDX was unplayable...

Slamstick

Dont know if my pm went thru to you . Just wanted to know if the current mimic pro which I believe is Steven Slate 5 or 5.5 can import vst's like Superior 3, Addictive, Ez drummer, etc?

ANGR77

I can maybe jump in here - no the mimic can't import any VST sounds. You can import single layer waves but this is pretty useless compared to the "old wine"...multilayer samples on 2box. 

The built in sounds in mimic (based on slate) are of course multilayered.

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Slamstick

Thanks Anders. I thought that Pearl had plans to make a later upgrade to the module to give it the ability to load other multi layer samples from the other vst's

ANGR77

There have been discussions about that since day one. But the years starts to grow now... :)

I think implementing multilayered stereo samples can be done...but the multilayered and multi mic dimensions samples will remain with original slate sounds...too complex to implement.

But as said - my speculations...I don't have a Mimic.

Anders / www.zourman.com

welshsteve

This is true, implementing all the different mics per instrument on any new sound would be left to what Slate release, and while the possibility of having stereo multi sample import via an editor ala 2box or Strike is there with a machine so. powerful, it will not happen. It was talked about and various sources claimed it was on the table, like Anders said, it's been out long enough now and if it was going to be done it would have been. I think it's do to with the politics between Pearl and Slate.
I would however totally welcome a sound store, like what ATV have done. That was also talked about, but yet, hasn't transpired.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Slamstick

I too remember the talk and  that's why I was checking. I wanted to make sure I wasn't telling fairy tales to myself, lol!

Cman

I've wondered why it seemed quieter than I thought it would be as I went from the Pearl Mimic to the 2box drumit 3. Mimic is great unit, wonderful pad interface and plays great, but don't like the limited sounds even though tweaking is very deep. Much prefer what I'm able to get from loading VST's into the drumit. The variety and ability to use just about any sound is fantastic. I do wish the modules hardware could be updated, more memory and faster processor but it still works well mostly. I thank those who have come before me, the company's work on the hardware to keep it a viable unit and the people responsible for the software for VST use and editing. Very Much Appreciate your work. I only use the unit now for personal practice as my preference is real drums for live performance. I've come full circle in 25 years at this. Sure has been fun...still is.