News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Drumit 5 MK2 first impressions

Started by edcito, March 21, 2020, 05:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edcito

Ok, enough with the mystery, got my drumit 5 MK2 module today and just setting it up, here are my first impressions:

• the box is similar to the drumit 3
[li]the power adapter is a generic one
a plastic mounting plate is included
the quick start guide is similar to the drumit 3, no full manual included
The SD Card is nicely fitted in the card slot, it doesn't rag a bit, it is spring loaded but you'll need long fingernails or a plastic thing to get it out because it doesn't come out so easily when pushing it.
I took it out and first surprise: is a micro sd card in a generic sd card adapter! it has a plastic seal so I can't see which micro sd card it is.
as advertised is a 32GB card
it has 12.1 GB data with 17,4GB free
it comes with OS 1.36.1 installed
there are 75 kits, from 1 to 24 are completely new kits with new and old instruments, these sound really really nice!

I did the sd card test with HD tune, first test showed an access time of .87 ms

that's it for now….

[/li][/list]

ANGR77

Quote from: edcito on March 21, 2020, 05:52:54 PM
there are 75 kits, from 1 to 24 are completely new kits with new and old instruments, these sound really really nice!

Any of the new kits that you think stands out?

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

edcito

Yeah, love Kit 1, the Gretsch US Maple, the VLT kit number 9, the Walnut Dry kit 12, the Cube Beech Custom kit 14, and of course the Sonor SQ1 coated kit 15 and clear kit 16, the Cube Acryl Dry kit 17, the GMS Red Sparkle kit 18, the Maple Classic kit 19 and the Studio Fusion Kit 24.

I recorded all 24 Kits in Logic and uploaded them in 3 parts to my soundcloud, you can listen to them here:
https://soundcloud.com/walkinded/sets/new-kits-2box-drumit-5-mk2

welshsteve

My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

ANGR77

Quote from: edcito on March 22, 2020, 09:23:53 AM
Yeah, love Kit 1, the Gretsch US Maple, the VLT kit number 9, the Walnut Dry kit 12, the Cube Beech Custom kit 14, and of course the Sonor SQ1 coated kit 15 and clear kit 16, the Cube Acryl Dry kit 17, the GMS Red Sparkle kit 18, the Maple Classic kit 19 and the Studio Fusion Kit 24.

I recorded all 24 Kits in Logic and uploaded them in 3 parts to my soundcloud, you can listen to them here:
https://soundcloud.com/walkinded/sets/new-kits-2box-drumit-5-mk2

Nice done!
I can highly recommend the 15, 16 and 17 kits. :-)
There are also some variants of these kits on the 61-74 kit banks...

Please note- There are a lot of sounds and variants not mapped into kits found in the library!

Use the sunday and build your best kit!

Best Regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

ninogui

Hello
I wonder if the contents will be available to download, to choose a few kits to add to my forthcoming drumit 3 via the applications ?
I see there are placeholders in the support page but no links (yet?)

cheers, stay safe...

edcito

I recorded the Decades expansion from SD3, man this sounds just beautiful, forget the mimic, forget positional sensing, nothing comes this close to this wonderful box.
https://soundcloud.com/walkinded/sets/decades-sdx-from-sd3-played-in-a-2box-drumit-5-mk2

mjolson

Quote from: ninogui on March 22, 2020, 11:20:22 PM
Hello
I wonder if the contents will be available to download, to choose a few kits to add to my forthcoming drumit 3 via the applications ?
I see there are placeholders in the support page but no links (yet?)

cheers, stay safe...
The Di5 MK2 content is on the 2Box site now.  Can anyone confirm if the new content is usable in the Di3 with the card mod?

Thanks,
Mike

ANGR77

Quote from: mjolson on March 24, 2020, 03:42:17 PM
The Di5 MK2 content is on the 2Box site now.  Can anyone confirm if the new content is usable in the Di3 with the card mod?

Thanks,
Mike

You can. Just download the 5.8 GB...but keep make a backup of your current config files etc on the existing card.

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com

tsss27

Is there any reason to get a DrumIt3 instead of one of these now?
Aside from the fact that the DI5 MK2 is seemingly impossible to find in the US...
Is any of the sample content for the DI5 MK2 actually new or is it just reworked stuff from the website? 12GB is much larger than what the others came with (for obvious reasons) but I'm curious if it's simply the entire sound list already on the site or if there is actually unreleased content.

welshsteve

there are a lot of new sounds, really good ones too.  Edcito has a reply here up with souncloud links showing the new kits.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

tsss27

I went ahead and downloaded the content. Yep, some nice new sounds. Still mostly low velocity counts on cymbals. Makes no sense to me...but some nice new drums for sure with multiple mixes for each which is cool!

nocturnodrummer

So, there is no way to tell what card is there? You have mentioned some kind of plastic seal that covers the card? It would be so much more covinient to have a trustworthy source of cards. It's a pain to find one that works.

tsss27

I agree particularly if it does work with up to 64GB, it's important to know which cards are compatible.

edcito

I just tried a 64gb sandisk extreme pro 170MB/s SD Card. It wasn't recognized by the module and it showed the Fat error, no OS installed. I formatted the card and same thing.