News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Roland PDX-12 Settings

Started by roel, March 16, 2020, 06:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roel

Hello does anybody now the trigger settings for a Roland PDX-12 Snare pad.
with the 2box Drumit 3 module.

I don't get the rim working :-\ I thought the Drumit 3 would work with every Roland pad...
please help anybody.

welshsteve

My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

ANGR77

I would guess that it it is a PadPP...I had a PDX-8 once...dual piezos...

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com

Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

welshsteve

I used it with a Jobeky 12" drum, centre cone with edge piezo and PadPS was the best trigger type for clean rimshots separation. I can't remember exactly how it was with PadPP but I remember not liking it, I think I was getting rim and edge simultaneously, which wasn't what I was after.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

roel

Quote from: ANGR77 on March 16, 2020, 07:10:45 PM
I would guess that it it is a PadPP...I had a PDX-8 once...dual piezos...

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com

Yes this works for me, Roland PDX-12 is working with the 2box Drumit 3 module!👍
Thanx man!

Matfarsan

Quote from: roel on March 16, 2020, 10:24:43 PM
Yes this works for me, Roland PDX-12 is working with the 2box Drumit 3 module!👍
Thanx man!
Did you get it to work with both head and rim?

roel

Quote from: Matfarsan on March 17, 2020, 08:08:45 PM
Did you get it to work with both head and rim?

yes it works outstanding!

halftime

I have noticed that I have a slight issue with cross-talk between the head and the rim on my PDX-12. If X-TRG is off, hitting the head triggers the rim quite easily. However, if I turn on X-TRG, the module sometimes cancels hits on the head that should not be canceled. The X-TRG ON/HP and ON/LP options or XTALK seem to have no effect. The general rule seems to be that the head should be tight, so I have it quite cranked up. Now, I can live with this when I'm very strict about hitting exactly on the center of the head every time, but it is a little annoying. I suspect this might be the behaviour that welshsteve described earlier in this thread because the trigger type is set to PadPP. Would it make sense to use PadPS even though the rim trigger is not a switch?