News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

How much free memory on the Di3?

Started by Matfarsan, March 05, 2020, 01:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matfarsan

It seems very strange that the Di3 is delivered with only 4Gb internal memory, since the memorycards in so inexpensive
Does anybody know how much free memoryspace theres left with all the stock-kits on the card?

Is it possible to just change the internal memorycard or will I have to do an extendercard update?
Sincere
/Anders

edcito

It has been discussed many times, the reason is because the USB port of the module is 1.1 so when plugged into a computer it won’t let you access cards bigger than 4GB, it even destroys their format and you have to open your module to replace it.
The free space left is around 70MB, you’ll have to delete some content if you want to copy some sounds. You can put a bigger card in it but it’s impractical since every time you need to copy a file or a OS update you will have to open the module to retrieve it since the usb port will become useless.

Matfarsan

Thanks for the answer.
Have you updated your module yet?

roel

Quote from: Matfarsan on March 05, 2020, 01:31:37 PM
It seems very strange that the Di3 is delivered with only 4Gb internal memory, since the memorycards in so inexpensive
Does anybody know how much free memoryspace theres left with all the stock-kits on the card?

Is it possible to just change the internal memorycard or will I have to do an extendercard update?
Sincere
/Anders

Yes just put a 512 gb sd card in your module and voila!

Dobly

The 512gb SD works?? What model.. I just did the 64gb mod but didn't know that anything great than that can work. .

ANGR77

There is no way to go beyond 64 GB...I tried 128 and 256...but immediately when going over partitions above 64GB...the system won't boot.

Best regards

Anders / www.Zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com