News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Metronome not working

Started by Dobly, February 09, 2021, 03:41:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dobly

The metronome on my D3 module use to work.. Now it doesn't.. I don't know why.

On any kit I can use the page arrows to get to the ACMP page.. I can set Metronome or Wav. I select Metronome. I see the time signature, I can adjust the level. But I hit PLAY and there is not sound. I hit STOP then play again. No Sound.

Could this be a routing issue? I can't see how. I have outputs 1, 2, 3, 4 and Heaphones routed out.

What else is there? Why doesn't the metronome work?

welshsteve

have you removed the sounds that was used in metronome? eg, if it was a certain cowbell sound ad you removed it for say, a better cowbell, unless you assigned that new cowbell as the metronome voice, you wouldn't hear anything when the metronome is playing.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Dobly

I'm not sure Steve.. In Dkit Manager, before I did the 64gb upgrade I hit the button to remove all .dsnd files not in use. I was filling my 32gb card.

Surely that would not have removed the metronome sound.

Good thinking but.. I have a back up of the factory sounds. I could just copy them all back now and try. 

Dobly

Yep. That was the problem.. I don't know what sound it was, but I just copied back all the contents of the Perc folder (which Dkit Manager had deleted as i don't use any of them) and the metronome is back.

Thanks a heap buddy.

Lustar

Thanks for telling me about this Dobly!
It happened because the Metronome sound is not part of any Kit settings, it's a Unit setting on the module, so it wasn't considered to be used by the selected kits. In the new version it will keep the Metronome dsnd set in the Unit settings.

welshsteve

You can use any voice you'd like for the metronome btw, doesn't have to be the default.
(I am 99% sure of that)
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Dobly

I don't know.. Lustar? Is that a feature you can add to Dkit Manager?

Lustar

It's already there in DKit Manager, it's "Metr" on the third Unit page. Click on the Sounds tab on the left to browse for sounds. You can preview the sound by double clicking on it (or pressing Space). Then drag and drop any dsnd from the list of sounds to the Metr button or the text field next to it and it will be used as the Metronome sound. You can also type a dsnd name directly, it will be displayed in red if the dsnd file wouldn't be found.