News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

sound sample listing ?

Started by eyerichards, August 04, 2009, 03:16:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eyerichards

Hi guys,
After perusing the online manual back to front I was a bit dismayed that there was no listing of what the samples were in the unit. Can anybody put up a list or pdf.
Cheers   :)
Ian

ber0ni

Doesn't some kind of sound sample dvd or cd come with the drums? I think i read it somewhere on the net that samples come with the drums software....

eyerichards

Hi there, you could be right.
Maybe scottie can shed some light.

UC

If anyone's got the disc, you can use something like winamp to drag the disk into a playlist and then save the playlist as an HTML file. I doubt it will pick up directory structure though (presumably kits are saved in their own individual folders).

NeilC

No media came with the unit, just the brain, stereo jacks to connect pads to brain.

Connecting a USB lets you see the file structure in Windows.... The samples are quite good, but depending if you're not moving the kit about a lot, get BFD and install that on a laptop or PC... or choose the best BFD samples and load them on the unit. I will be testing this once I move my kit up to the loft....

Scottie

With the Unit you don't get a disk, it is all pre-loaded on the Unit itself. I have just been through all the kits and made a note of their names. I know this doesn't help with what samples are pre-loaded, but i will hopefully be able to get that info for you in Thursday.

DrumIt_Live_Kit
Studio_Kit
The_Minneman_Kit
Stockholm_Jazz
Nippon_Recordings
Baba_Gilberto
Ambassadors_Cross
Marching_On
Give_It_Away
Grace_Night_Club
The_Pretender
Kashmir
Latin_Tims
LTJ_D&B
Urban_Kit_1
Emperors_Cross
Minneman_C_Maple
Joe's_Rosanna
Mr_Philips
Iggy_Punk
Peter_Lockett_Kit
Fatboy
So_What!!!
Oh! Snares!!!
Open_Sound
God_Put_A_Smile
Love_Stoned
Lenny_Go_My_Way
Cochise
Back_in_Black
Raining_Blood
Demetalized
Exodus
Hard_Nuts
Panned_Away
Roxanne
Congero
Locketts_India
Recording_Shells
Genius_John_G
Mckenzies_Mustach
Mix_Of_Toms
Minneman_Customs
Sweet_Home
Dani_California
Session_Kit
Minneman_Rim_Kit
The_Loopmaster_Kit
Loopmaster_Perc
Lockett_Variation
Bombay_Life
Cross_Mix
Snappy_Recordings
Maples
Higher_Emperor
Lower_Ambassadors
Dance_Dude
Custom_Maple
Maple_World
Cross_Stix_On_Rim
Latin_Rims
Gee_Ones!
Way_Down
Marine_Band
Kicking_Menace
Club_Gig
Tight_It_Up
Birdland
Late_Night
Jazzy
Fractions
Cymbalmania
Wierd_Rims
Balanced_Kit
Paranoia
Black_is_Back
Smoke_On_Water
More_Wierd_Rims
Balanced_RimTomg
Urbans_Kit
Slave_kit
Session_Kit
In_The_Studio
Dance_&_Beat
Hard_Kit
The_Gold_Kit
Deep_Kit
Sleep_Kit
Percussion_Kit
Sabosito
Medatic_Heros
Surdoi
Lationos
Urban_Kit_2
Bloody_Sunday
Sad_But_True
Wanna_be_Startin
Hot_Hey_Oh_Chilli
Van_Dyke
Vultures

Thanks
Scott

ber0ni

Hi Scott....is there any software for PC that comes with the unit?

Not sure, but think that there was some software for the drums where you can select the pad and here how does it sound like...or was i dreaming  :-[

NeilC

"Editor: PC / Mac software for editing drum kits on the computer and ( in a later revision ) editing DrumIt sounds or create multi-sampled user sounds from wav, aiff or rex files."

Did the initial editor not make it into the final release? Do we know timescales?

ber0ni

Generally speaking it seems that there is a lot to improve with the set....fix all the "bugs"  :(

Scottie

Quote from: ber0ni on August 04, 2009, 12:29:19 PM
Hi Scott....is there any software for PC that comes with the unit?

Not sure, but think that there was some softare for the drums where you can select the pad and here have does it sound like...or was i dreaming  :-[

Hey ber0ni

There will be software which allows you to drag and drop sounds on to each pad, so you can create your own personal kits. You will also be able to create your own multi leveled sounds as well.
This is all being worked on at the moment, and i will hopefully be able to give you a more accurate ETA on when we can expect to see the editor, in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks
Scott

Scottie

Quote from: ber0ni on August 04, 2009, 12:43:15 PM
Generally speaking it seems that there is a lot to improve with the set....fix all the "bugs"  :(

ber0ni could you list all the "bugs" that you have found? This is helpful for feedback to the guys at 2box.

ber0ni

well it seems that guys at the 2box have great vision how should drums be....which is great! i know i can't demand the perfection...it's like the superhero....first everything is awsome, but after sometime you notice that the guy has bad hair, big noise, small ears etc :)

what i'm trying to say is that maybe 2box should have taken a little bit more time to finalize all the little things....like usb version, software realese etc.  few things that can make the differance on the market

my suggestion to the 2box is adding an usb port for external usb/flash memory stick or cardholder...

i know that i maybe sound sarcastic or slamming your product, but as a potential customer make me change the sides e.g. why shouldn't i buy roland instead of 2box...money is not the problem it's the instrument that satisfy most of my needs....

thanks

ber0ni

NeilC

I agree to some extent there Ber0ni, however please don't say take more time! I waited a year since order! haha.

In all seriousness though, I actually think that releasing now is pretty good. For example the kit being 'open sound' means (hopefully) that the feedback will get listened to and good changes made. Rather than a new product from Roland et al, which is just another 'upgrade' to their existing kits which offer nothing new or user friendly.

I maybe wrong and 2box may shun everyone's ideas and opinions, but lets wait a while and see what happens?

So far so good, only the USB connection and editor is a flaw in my opinion but not massively as I can use other drum programs to tweak...

Scottie

ber0ni

The DrumIt Five comes with 4GB of on board storage. They will be implementing 3 x lossless compression, so in one way you will have a lot more memory then 4GB to play with. Most people out there will not always being loading sounds on to the Unit, as they will have their own personal favorite kits. So i don't think having a USB/Flash memory stick is the most essentially thing for this kit.

OS updates is something that was planned from the start, and will carry on through DrumIt Fives life cycle. Just like most things out there now, everything has updates to improve things and clean out bugs. As an example my Xbox 360 is a totally different machine now, to what it was when i brought it at launch. I was impressed when i first brought it, and i could see the potential for it to grow to something even better, and that is what will happen with this kit. Everything has to start some where, otherwise it would never come out of development. I am very impressed with this kit, and to see what it has coming down the road to add new features makes me very excited.

The Unit's UI is very easy to get around, and the sounds are some of the best i have heard from an e-kit. These are real drum samples that have been created from scratch, a lot of blood, sweat and tears have gone in to them, to make them sound as good as possible. 2box will keep release new sounds for end users to download free of charge from the website as well.

At the end of the day everyone has different preferences when it comes to products. You have to go with the one that you feel fits your needs, and just enjoy it  :)

Thanks
Scott

Alex

Lets all hope that the DrumIt5 lasts for longer than a Xbox 360 though! The most unreliable consumer electronics product ever (this is just speculation on my part, but fair all the same).

Judging by the videos i have seen so far the drum sounds are excellent. 4GB is weak though compared to what we are used to nowadays. Can you tell me if the 2box software will actually compress the files whilst they are being loaded onto the module? Therefore providing a seamless transfer from start to finish? The alternative is for us to use a tool to compress the kits first, and then use a different tool to transfer them over.